View Full Version : iPAQ support response time - impressed!

mr_Ray
07-24-2003, 05:59 PM
I know that 90% of comments on a company in forums such as these are negative, and that's human nature - bitch at the bad stuff, take the good for granted. So in the interest of balance I'd like to give out a big thanks to HP for my first experience with HP support.

My new 2210 didn't come with the ipaqchoice free software voucher so I filled in their contact us form on the site. Within 60 seconds I recieved a personal reply from a support person asking me for the details I'd have to send her for me to get my voucher number. Wow. Never in my life have I seen anything other than automated replies in less than a couple of hours, or days. In fact, when contacting Dell for support by phone, there's 63 seconds before you can enter your 1st menu choice. HP replied by email quicker than Dell can even pick up a phonecall on their best days. :mrgreen:
Considering that I've been speaking to Dell on a daily basis for a fortnight now and only a few hours ago recieved a refund reference, I thought that that was worth mentioning.

Now that's the way to build good customer relations and impress people, not by lying through your teeth. Well done HP, I know where to start looking next time I'm after something. :werenotworthy:

droppedd
07-24-2003, 06:06 PM
waitasecond... my ipaq was supposed to come with a free software voucher?

mr_Ray
07-24-2003, 06:22 PM

Well, according to the ipaqchoice.com website, "*Terms and conditions of the iPAQ Software Choice Offer can vary per country." So it'd depend on where you are.

Check from front of your box, mine has a little label in the bottom left corner about it. I would guess that if yours doesn't, you're not eligible.
Certainly UK-sourced iPAQ purchased by a UK customers should have it. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

gorkon280
07-24-2003, 06:49 PM

Well, according to the ipaqchoice.com website, "*Terms and conditions of the iPAQ Software Choice Offer can vary per country." So it'd depend on where you are.

Check from front of your box, mine has a little label in the bottom left corner about it. I would guess that if yours doesn't, you're not eligible.
Certainly UK-sourced iPAQ purchased by a UK customers should have it. Can't speak for anyone else, though.

Looks like mostly Europe. Nothing like that on the US site. Sometimes being from Europe is a good thing I guess! :)

droppedd
07-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Looks like mostly Europe. Nothing like that on the US site. Sometimes being from Europe is a good thing I guess! :)

Hah. well, you get raped on the iPaq pricing anyways. I'm not complaining - i got my 2210 for $267 US (yes, that's right, 165 quid), so it's the least HP could do to throw in a cheap piece of software for you poor Europeans.

mr_Ray
07-24-2003, 08:47 PM

If you count all of Asia and Africa as being European, sure. :wink:

And yeah we do get bent over and raped sideway price-wise for the 2210 (along with a lot of other things). This just makes it a little less painful. 8O