View Full Version : recharging light

Chris Pi
07-24-2003, 05:29 PM
I just got my 5555 and I'm trying to charge it for the first time. I followed the quick start guide and tried to charge it through the cradle which was attached to my computer; the cradle was plugged into the wall as well. However, when I shut the computer off the flashing charge light on the ipaq would stop. Then I tried to plug the ac directly into the ipaq but when I turn off the ipaq the flashing light stops as well. Is the light supposed to flash during charging when the ipaq is off and is it supposed to be this finicky?

droppedd
07-24-2003, 06:11 PM
I just got my 5555 and I'm trying to charge it for the first time. I followed the quick start guide and tried to charge it through the cradle which was attached to my computer; the cradle was plugged into the wall as well. However, when I shut the computer off the flashing charge light on the ipaq would stop. Then I tried to plug the ac directly into the ipaq but when I turn off the ipaq the flashing light stops as well. Is the light supposed to flash during charging when the ipaq is off and is it supposed to be this finicky?

I know my 2210 takes a few seconds to start charging after i plug it in... but it is possible the battery on your 5555 just happened to finish charging about the time you turned off your PC... the first charge only takes an hour or two cause they ship it partially charged. Is the light off or just solid, not blinking? If the light is off completely you have no power to the unit; solid light means battery is charged but running off external power, and blinking means charging.