View Full Version : Are CarePaqs worth it?

wallisj
07-23-2003, 02:44 PM
Just got my first iPAQ, the 2210, i can get a 3 year next day carepaq for £88....is it worth it? I hear it doesn't cover accidental damage and just hardware faults....how likely is this?

Whats peoples experience with this? Do you even bother?

Thanks for input

Jamie

Duncan
07-23-2003, 03:34 PM
The three year one is only of value if you think you'll hold on to the iPAQ for that long.

The Care Pack itself is of value if you cannot afford to be without your iPAQ - that way if something goes wrong you get it sorted next day - as opposed to the normal 3 - 7 working days.

I would go for the one year Care Pack (note: Compaq CarePaqs have been replaced by HP Care Packs) - you need part number u4432a. They will be available to buy within two weeks.

racerx
07-24-2003, 05:21 AM
I had one with a 3650 and one with a 3870. I used the one with the 3650 more than once, but the first iPAQs had various issues. I used the one on the 3870 only once because I wanted to get a fresh battery after 14 months. I especially liked them because they overnight you a replacement unit and them you ship your unit back to them. Great of you can't live with out your unit.
I just purchased CompUSAs replacement plan them I for my 5555 for thesi reason that they replace the unit once no questions asked. Drop it, break it, it doesn't matter. Nice!