View Full Version : Microsoft Exchange Server Name?

g0097
07-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Ok, Im going to sound like a fool for asking this but I just dont know. I am trying to set up my pocket pc to sync by inbox with Microsoft Exchange Sever. When you set this up in activesync it asks you in the connection setting for the Sever Information. I know my username and password but I do not know what to put in for the Sever Name and the Domain. Can anyone help? :oops:

The Yaz
07-22-2003, 09:14 PM
Are you trying to sync through a desktop cradle or wireless?

I currently sync an Ipaq 3850 through my desktop to my Outlook which resides on an Exchange 5.5 server. I was unable to sync wirelessly because Pocket PC 2002 only has POP3 and IMAP4 as the protocols.

If you can give some more specifics, it might be useful

Steve 8)

g0097
07-22-2003, 09:20 PM
I am trying to sync through a desktop crade. I am using my ipaq 2215. If there is a way to to it wirelessly I can try that also with my wifi card. Any way that I can do it though would be a great help.

g0097
07-22-2003, 09:32 PM
OK....starting to use my head a little more....I popped in my wifi card and tried to sync and still did not work. I checked activesync on my 2215 and it says there was an error syncing. Here is the error message that it gives:

Synchronization failed. Verify that you have entered the correct server name and try again.

Error code: INTERNET_7

Hope that helps!

that_kid
07-22-2003, 09:40 PM
Do you have MIS server?
Are you using Exchange 2003?

If you answered no to either question then you can't sync directly to the exchange server.

If you are running MIS or exchange 2003 then make sure you have a digital cert on the system otherwise you have to use the disable cert program on your activestink disk or if you're using wm2003 you can go into activstink on the ppc and buried deep in the options you can tell activestink to disable ssl connection.

The Yaz
07-22-2003, 09:54 PM
For starters lets get you synched with the cradle to the desktop.

I am assuming your desktop has either Windows 2000 or XP.

I haven't used WM2003 but the first thing you should check is whether or not activesync is 3.5 or 3.7. If it is 3.5, download the update because the newer drivers seem to make a difference in some installs.

Uninstall the activesync on the desktop and take the cradle out of the usb port.

Reinstall activesynch, reboot the computer, and reconnect the cradle.

Also soft reboot the Pocket PC before putting it in the cradle.

When you place the Pocket PC in the cradle, the connection wizard should start.

Good luck,

Steve 8)