View Full Version : More New Pocket PC Thoughts Members

Ed Hansberry
07-22-2003, 10:00 PM
We have four new little guys running around to help you with your posting.<br /><br /> :drool: - For that ultra cool device. For example. "Man, did you see that new Pocket PC? :shocked!: I have to have it. :drool: Waitaminute! How much is it? :pukeface: "<br /><br /> :dilemma: - For when you just can't decide. As in "Yes! :rock on dude!: This is the device I've been waiting on. Hold on - Compuwaria has just released their new Pocket PC with almost the exact same features but it is $10 more <i><b>and</b></i> matches my shoes! :dilemma: <br /><br /> :takethat: - This is when you have just countered with impenetrable logic or have linked to cold hard facts refuting your unworthy opponent's drivel reducing him to a quivering mass of irrelevancy. Perhaps I should edit my <a href="http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5971">Which PDA Is Simple Again?</a> article to include a few of these. In each section. :lol: <br /><br /> :treadmill: - Finally, when the argument is just going nowhere, just let this little guy say it all.

sponge
07-22-2003, 10:11 PM
Oh so glad my proxy disables animated GIFs :P

Jeff Song
07-22-2003, 10:12 PM
:treadmill: :drool: :dilemma: :takethat:

Pam
07-22-2003, 10:19 PM
I love these little smilies - now which one will I choose?... :dilemma:

entropy1980
07-22-2003, 10:20 PM
This guy :takethat: looked like he was getting stabbed with a pitch fork.... :lol:

Jacob
07-22-2003, 10:24 PM
This guy :takethat: looked like he was getting stabbed with a pitch fork.... :lol:

Still does :wink:

Jeff Rutledge
07-22-2003, 10:27 PM
My favorite new one: :drool:

My favorite overall: :rock on dude!:

Been way too long since I've seen: :alfdance:

Janak Parekh
07-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Oh so glad my proxy disables animated GIFs :P
Actually, they look awesome animated. YOUR loss. ;)

--janak

David Prahl
07-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Let's not forget who submitted the "drowning in drool" emoticon!
http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15212&start=40

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:takethat: You're right, I thought it looked like he was being stabbed with a fork too!

T-Will
07-22-2003, 10:46 PM
Hehe! Ouch stabbed with a pitch fork! :D

Jason Dunn
07-22-2003, 10:48 PM
Let's not forget who submitted the "drowning in drool" emoticon!

Actually, I never saw that - I just went to Google and typed in "drool emoticon", and found those. :-)

David Prahl
07-22-2003, 10:49 PM
:silly::takethat:

Who is stabbing who?

Ed Hansberry
07-22-2003, 11:02 PM
:silly::takethat:

Who is stabbing who?
Looks like the red guy is stabbing the yellow guy.

Thinkingman
07-22-2003, 11:05 PM
8O :cry: :evil:

Thinkingman
07-22-2003, 11:07 PM
First of all, we :clap: :clap: :clap: want to say :way to go: to the new :drool:
Secondly, i feel :zzz:

JonnoB
07-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Notice that some of the icons do not display correctly on WM2003? The transparent background is not transparent on all.

achille
07-22-2003, 11:24 PM

Jason Dunn
07-22-2003, 11:41 PM
Notice that some of the icons do not display correctly on WM2003? The transparent background is not transparent on all.

It seems that all animated GIFs have this problem in WM2003...it supports animation, but not transparency in the animation. &lt;sigh> Test Microsoft, test!

ctmagnus
07-23-2003, 06:18 AM
I believe the emotion window has become VERY VERY BIg

I concur.

:lilangel: :alfdance:

Ed Hansberry
07-23-2003, 12:20 PM
I believe the emotion window has become VERY VERY BIg

I concur.

:lilangel: :alfdance:
Of course, you don't have to use them. There are a lot of things that need to be done to this site and Fabrizio is working on them. Fixing the size of the emoticon window should, IMHO, be at the bottom of the list.

Jonathon Watkins
07-23-2003, 11:17 PM
Well, I LIKE the emoticon window being big - Choice is GOOD. :mrgreen:

Only thing is - why does it slowly load each tme I click on 'View more Emoticons'? Most graphics are cached and load quickly - but not these. It takes over 15 seconds for the page to load each time for me. This is Much longer than most other pages.

Any ideas?

ctmagnus
07-24-2003, 06:20 AM
There are a lot of things that need to be done to this site

There are? Doesn't seem buggy or lacking to me.

ctmagnus
07-24-2003, 06:21 AM
Only thing is - why does it slowly load each tme I click on 'View more Emoticons'? Most graphics are cached and load quickly - but not these. It takes over 15 seconds for the page to load each time for me. This is Much longer than most other pages.

Yes, why does it do that?

achille
07-24-2003, 06:43 AM

Jonathon Watkins
07-24-2003, 10:04 AM
Take Those Emotions Off From This board are you licensed for all of them?

Don't be daft Achille. A license for emoticons? :rotfl:

It's good to have a Choice and be able to pick exactly the emoticon that conveys in a shorthand and concise way what you are thinking/feeling. :i got it:

Emoticon abusers are answerable to the community mods. They can deal with any excesses. :wink:

It's all about balance and being sensible - as with anything in life.

Ed Hansberry
07-24-2003, 12:31 PM
Because The more annoying for us is more hilarius for them .

This Is riddiculous Take Those Emotions Off From This board are you licensed for all of them?

Free clue Achille, you don't have to click "View more Emoticons."

Do you really think we do things here to tick off the community? That's insulting. Get a life. :roll:

ctmagnus
07-24-2003, 11:40 PM
And lastly... an angry "alien" flicking you off is 0X Absolutely essential to every angry teenager forum... **Clears Throat** I mean... Technology devoded Community Group

Looks to me like his fingers are crossed, are he has extended two of them, not the single digit. If you loook closely, you'll notice a slight darker patch along the length of the "finger", which I take to be the separation between the fingers.

Janak Parekh
07-25-2003, 12:31 AM
I'm Sure there are perfectly legitimate reasons why you would want to have an image depicting someone being set in a microwave and then "exploded". This is a community devoted to technology, expressing Emotion that depict Microwaving someone is essential. How could it be Insulting ?
We don't do things here just because they're essential. Avatar images? Comments? Is any of it essential? Oh, and I've not heard from one person about the microwave being insulting.

--janak