View Full Version : Two different Pocket PC's on One Computer

diesel
07-21-2003, 09:02 PM
Question,

I have a dell axim and am getting the 2215, my 2215 will become my primary pda. I have my axim set to retrieve email from one of the two computers that it syncs with, i know with a specific pocket pc syncing between two computers, you can only sync email with only one computer and not both................

the question that i have is this, now that i will be using my 2215 as my primary pda, i want that one to sync email, is it possible to have two separate pocket pc's syncing to the same email via the same machine? or can you only have one?

also, since i'm switching to the 2215, i will give it a different name, but do i need to delete any profiles? reinstall activesync (i have 3.7 now) or anything? any pointers on how to make this process painless? thanks

Chris Spera
07-21-2003, 09:22 PM
You should be able to do this... ActiveSync sees each partnership as a separate instance, so it **IS** possible.

I have had up to 5 different PDA's connected to a single machine at any one time. My current line up is 3, with a pending purchase of an iPAQ 1940/45 once Best Buy decides to stock it...if they ever do. }:-|

However, I don't normally sync mail due to our set up here at the office. It works better with an IMAP4 configuration via Wi-Fi and I haven't had any problems when running mail between my 5455 and my 3955 with Orinoco Wi-Fi card.

I'd give it a shot. Let us know how it turns out!

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

DimensionZero
07-22-2003, 06:54 AM
Well, I'm not sure if this is similar to Palm, but I set up something similar for a client with two Sony Clies using Chapura's Pocket Mirror...

I don't have a PPC (yet) so this is all just theoretical...

The Palm desktop syncs with Outlook based on profile names... If you were to sync the same Outlook profile to 2 separate devices, you had to place a note in Outlook's notes folder for each user...

For example, if your current device is named "PPC1", there would be a note that contained
"PPC1
<something about this noe used for tracking purposes....>"

So in my case, i just had to copy the note and change the username..

Hope this helps in some way.

=)