View Full Version : HELP!! ActiveSync, Email, HTML, IMAP mess

emerymat
07-21-2003, 06:31 PM
I need help/advice on the following situation:

How do I get HTML email from my computer onto my handheld? All indications are that ActiveSync wont do it. I've tried some VBA code I found that is supposed to strip emails of their HTML tags in Outlook, which I hoped would allow ActiveSync to download the (now-stripped) messages. It didn't work!

Does anyone have any advice either on getting HTML emails sync'd on to the handheld or on getting the HTML code out of messages before ActiveSync downloads?

Thanks

emerymat
07-21-2003, 06:32 PM
Oh, and it looked like there used to be an article on this website about these issues, but the website has been redesigned since this link was posted to the newsgroup I found the link in.

SHoTTa35
07-21-2003, 07:12 PM
well i don't think outlook (PPC version that is) supports HTML email which is why it's stripped. I think i read somewhere that this might be in WM 2004 but i doubt that too... I haven't missed HTML on the PPC cuz i still get all the info which is what i need :roll:

g0097
07-21-2003, 08:42 PM
There is this program called Pocket Lookout that lets you activesync html email with your pocket pc. The only catch I think is that it does not work with the most recent version of activesync 3.7. It works with activesync 3.6 however. It installs a viewer seperate of pocket inbox that does allow you to view html email along with your contacts and other information I believe. You can download a trial here:

http://lookout.vonken.com/