View Full Version : Can I use Record button to scroll page to page in MS Reader?

lisantica
07-20-2003, 05:43 PM
I have an HP1910 and have been using MS Reader a lot since they are offering free eBooks this summer. I would like to use the record button for flipping pages, is this possible? If so, please advise.
Thank you,
Lisa

Ed Hansberry
07-20-2003, 06:59 PM
I have an HP1910 and have been using MS Reader a lot since they are offering free eBooks this summer. I would like to use the record button for flipping pages, is this possible? If so, please advise.
Thank you,
Lisa
You should be able to. Get PageDown from http://www.scottandmichelle.net/scott/cestuff.html and put it in your \Program Files\ folder. Then create a shortcut to it somewhere in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. You should then see PageDown as a app in the Button control panel tool in Start|Settings|Buttons. I think it is button #5 you want to reassign.

Crystal Eitle
07-20-2003, 07:15 PM
There's an even easier way to do it. Go to Start --> Settings --> Buttons.

Highlight Button 5 and assign "scroll down" to it.

Ed Hansberry
07-20-2003, 10:06 PM
There's an even easier way to do it. Go to Start --> Settings --> Buttons.

Highlight Button 5 and assign "scroll down" to it.

Well, you could do it that way, but that isn't how a power user would do it. :razzing:

Seriuosly, great point Crystal. I had no idea that was there. It wasn't in Pocket PC 2000 which was how I came up with the above method. I see now that 2002 and 2003 both have <Scroll Down> as a method. Cool. :way to go:

lisantica
07-20-2003, 10:16 PM
Thank you both for your replies. I have assigned the task to button 5 and am now in the page turning business.
Thanks again,
Lisa

GadgetMan
07-25-2003, 02:29 PM
Would there be a way to have Record button perform Scroll Down function only when certain apps are in the foreground (like MS Reader, Mobipocket Reader, Palm Reader, etc.), and have it auto revert back to Record function in all other situations :?:

Cheers,

Ed Hansberry
07-25-2003, 02:37 PM
yes, but the app would have to do it, not the OS. WMP has button remapping capabilities and you can make it global or only when WMP is in the foreground.

Janak Parekh
07-25-2003, 04:24 PM
yes, but the app would have to do it, not the OS.
Theoretically, someone could write an app that watches which program is active and does remappings on the fly, but I haven't seen any such solution on the market.

--janak

blusparkles
07-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Would there be a way to have Record button perform Scroll Down function only when certain apps are in the foreground (like MS Reader, Mobipocket Reader, Palm Reader, etc.), and have it auto revert back to Record function in all other situations :?:

Cheers,

Vito Button Mapper (http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=A9A14B636FE2B262B5437D1XF951289B&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=50265&sectionId=0&catalog=30&txtSearch=button+mapper) lets you assign application-specific button mapping.