View Full Version : Rosie the Riveter

dcharles18
07-08-2003, 12:33 PM
. . . including a Rosie the Riveter theme that's going straight onto my Pocket PC

You are aware that Rosie was a pro-war, support our fighting men symbol?

Crystal Eitle
07-08-2003, 02:14 PM
. . . including a Rosie the Riveter theme that's going straight onto my Pocket PC

Yup. I'm not against *all* war, just stupid ones.

Crystal Eitle
07-08-2003, 02:19 PM

Yup. I'm not against *all* war, just stupid ones.
Besides, I very strongly support our troops. They're just doing their jobs, and an important one at that.

I just don't support stupid decisions on the part of our leaders that needlessly send them into danger.

Okay, I'm done now.... I don't want to get :bangin: by STEVDOR.

Crystal Eitle
07-08-2003, 02:26 PM

Err, okay, I'm not quite done. I just wanted to point out that Rosie is primarily a symbol of supporting the women who kept industry going while the men were off fighting the war. I mean, she was supporting our fighting men indirectly, but directly, she was meant to affirm and encourage all the women who took on jobs outside of their homes so that the country could stay productive while the men were off fighting the war.

dcharles18
07-09-2003, 01:57 PM
"You must tell your children, putting modesty aside, that without us, without women, there would have been no spring in 1945"

" . . . commemorates and interprets the important contributions that women made to the war effort as increasing numbers of men joined the armed services."

From RosietheRiverter.org (www.rosietheriveter.org). Believe whatever you wish though . . .

Crystal Eitle
07-09-2003, 02:14 PM
"You must tell your children, putting modesty aside, that without us, without women, there would have been no spring in 1945"

" . . . commemorates and interprets the important contributions that women made to the war effort as increasing numbers of men joined the armed services."

From RosietheRiverter.org (www.rosietheriveter.org). Believe whatever you wish though . . .
dcharles, did you not read my posts? I know that Rosie the Riveter was a symbol of the war effort. If you want to fight with me, take it to my blog (www.gospacewaitress.com) or email (spacewaitress - at - fastmail.fm). But I don't think PPCT is the place for it.

Janak Parekh
07-09-2003, 03:21 PM
OK, let's get this discussion back on topic... don't make me lock this thread too ;)

--janak

dcharles18
07-09-2003, 03:25 PM
OK, let's get this discussion back on topic... don't make me lock this thread too ;)

--janak

No worries!! :wink:

Sorry Janak :oops:

ctmagnus
07-19-2003, 01:44 AM
...including a Rosie the Riveter theme that's going straight onto my Pocket PC.

Strange coincidence... Scroll all the eay to the bottom of the official Baghdad Bob site (www.baghdadbob.com) and you find Rosie the Riveter (http://www.conservababes.com/). :confused totally: 8) :mrgreen: 0X

Kati Compton
07-19-2003, 02:56 AM
Since Janak's warning was ignored, I have split the Rosie the Riveter discussion from this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14653&sid=86d4f514232f54deaa8374614437c209).