View Full Version : GPS with 2003?

racerx
07-18-2003, 08:59 PM
I just picked up a iPAQ 5555 last night, upgrading from a 3870. Installed both Pocket Streets with the GPS update and CoPilot Live 4 for PPC. In neither program can I get the GPS receiver to be recognized. I have a CoPilot CF GPS receiver. Both programs, when you tell it to go look for the GPS antenna, launches the Bluetooth Manager. 8O

Does the new Windows Mobile 2003 BREAK GPS receivers? Is there a set of drivers someplace I need to install? I'd be lost (literally) without my GPS. I would have to return my 5555 if I can't get this to work...

TIA.

portus
07-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Sometimes the BT manager on the 2215 does the same thing when I launch a GSP software. In such case, the best thing to do is to manually set up the port and baud rate used by the GPS instead of letting the software decide what to use. If CoPilot allows it, manually go through each available serial port until you find the matching one. If the BT massage comes up, just cancel it.

racerx
07-19-2003, 12:04 AM
Tried that, but can't get the GPS to be recognized on any of the COM ports. Maybe there is a patch to CoPilot :? . But I tried to do the same thing with PocketStreets and couldn't get PS to see the GPS either.
What GPS receiver are you using?