View Full Version : I think my iPAQ 3970 keeps hanging

leigho
07-18-2003, 04:06 PM
I've been having a few problems with my 3970 over the last couple of months and yesterday I suddenly realised they might be linked. They range from a Sat Nav program I have losing the signal to my GPS unit to my Theme Dream stopping changing themes to Journal Bar not scrolling through it's contents even though it is configured to and Active Synch hanging. There's more but you get the picture.

When all of these things happen they can usually be resolved by shutting the app down although occassionally I need to do a soft reset. However I am still able to use other aspects of the PPC until I realise the problem is happening.

Yesterday I thought these are all kind of similar and it is as if something is stopping certain processes from happening in the background but letting other stuff work. I did a hard reset a couple of weeks ago and installed software one by one and it started happening almost straight away. I called HP about it but they have warned me there will be a charge if there turns out to be nothing wrong. I've also done a Google search without any decent results.

So my question is does anyone know if this is a known problem or have they experienced it themselves. Secondly are there are diagnostic programs that might be able to detect any hardware problems on my unit.

TIA

Leigh

Janak Parekh
07-18-2003, 09:45 PM
First, try a hard reset, install no apps, and try it for a couple of days. If it still hangs, go ahead and tell HP.

--janak