View Full Version : Would you implant a chip in your hand?

trachy
07-18-2003, 02:35 PM
Since it's Friday and we're already O/T over in the McDonalds thread (http://www.adsx.com/prodservpart/verichip.html), I thought I'd throw out this poll.

Would you implant a chip in your hand for the purpose of making a financial transaction? Let's assume for the sake of argument that no other personal information would be contained on the chip. Here's some additional info (http://www.adsx.com/prodservpart/verichip.html) to help you make your decision.

droppedd
07-18-2003, 02:38 PM
you should have an option for "after the OS in the chips has made it to SP2." I know I would hate to have to push the soft-reset button on the inside of my knuckles every couple of hours :lol:

lurch
07-18-2003, 02:57 PM
if, IF, I were to do it (I voted no) it'd have to be something standardized worldwide, or at least nationwide -- I wouldn't want to have 15 chips in me representing different versions, vendors, etc...

Regardless, if the option "No Way! I've been warned by Big Father!" was available, I would've chosen that!!! :D

aroma
07-18-2003, 02:59 PM
Where's the HE11 NO option???

redifrogger
07-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Sounds like Revelation in the Bible is getting closer - The Mark of the Beast? :idea:

Jacob
07-18-2003, 06:40 PM
So when a new version came out you'd have to get surgery to upgrade??

That's only one problem.

As long as I have clothing, I'll have pockets. As long as I have pockets, I have no need for something to be implanted into my body like that.

Not to mention the simple heebie-jeebie aspect of this kind of thing - I just don't want that kind of thing surgically implanted.

lurch
07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
As long as I have clothing, I'll have pockets. As long as I have pockets, I have no need for something to be implanted into my body like that.
What about after the super-elite-secret organization finishes terraforming the planet to a balmy 73 degrees? Then we won't need clothes... I think they're using underground plants disguised as radio stations in Mexico for the terraforming..

or wait, wasn't that a charlie sheen movie?? :lol:

Jeff Rutledge
07-18-2003, 07:08 PM
You mean you don't have yours yet? The nice man said everyone was getting one. 8O

Kati Compton
07-18-2003, 07:11 PM
And just like the implants for dogs, if you get lost they'll be able to scan you and send you back to your owner...

aroma
07-18-2003, 07:36 PM
What about after the super-elite-secret organization finishes terraforming the planet to a balmy 73 degrees? Then we won't need clothes... I think they're using underground plants disguised as radio stations in Mexico for the terraforming..

or wait, wasn't that a charlie sheen movie?? :lol:

Shhhhh.... watch wat you say, or this website might get sucked up into a little ball... 0X

JackTheTripper
07-18-2003, 07:51 PM
No, I'd rather have a thief steel my wallet then... welll.... OUCH!

David Prahl
07-21-2003, 02:41 AM
:robot: :robot: We are American. You will be discriminated. :robot: :robot:

As long as we're implanting chips into our skin, when can I expect nano-probes in a CompactFlash form factor?

GoldKey
07-21-2003, 02:54 AM
Wouldn't something like a ring be easier and probably more readily acceptable to most people?

David Prahl
07-21-2003, 02:59 AM
I don't think criminals care about comfort! :mrgreen:

(Criminals are the ones who already have them)

maximus
07-21-2003, 10:45 AM
And just like the implants for dogs, if you get lost they'll be able to scan you and send you back to your owner...

A friend of mine who work at an oil mining facility in the middle of the sumatran rainforest mentioned that his company encourages its staffs (who worked in the middle of a jungle or on an offshore oil rig) to have a small diamond implanted underneath their skin. Hence if they are to face a condition where they are stranded in the middle of nowhere, with no money at all, they still have something valuable to be use to go back to civilization. The company provides the diamond.

Now, I wouldnt mind inserting one of those company-issued diamond into my skin, as long as it is a 1 carat, D-IF diamond. :mrgreen:

aroma
07-21-2003, 12:45 PM
Wow! That diamond thing is odd... :)

David Prahl
07-21-2003, 11:57 PM
I do something like that, too!

I have this thing that's always in my Pocket, never leaves my side, and it's completely painless!

Unfortunately, it needs charging every once and a while... :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
07-22-2003, 12:42 AM
A friend of mine who work at an oil mining facility in the middle of the sumatran rainforest mentioned that his company encourages its staffs (who worked in the middle of a jungle or on an offshore oil rig) to have a small diamond implanted underneath their skin. Hence if they are to face a condition where they are stranded in the middle of nowhere, with no money at all, they still have something valuable to be use to go back to civilization. The company provides the diamond.

Now, I wouldnt mind inserting one of those company-issued diamond into my skin, as long as it is a 1 carat, D-IF diamond. :mrgreen:

Wow! That kind of takes the whole "sew a quarter in to your underwear" thing to a whole new level eh? :silly:

maximus
07-22-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, the #1 risk of working in the middle of a rainforest is, of course, being ambushed and robbed by the forestfolks. When that happens (and it does happened a lot), the workers usually scramble, leave all of their belonging, and use the diamond to hitch a ride on a boat to the nearest town, buy food and clothing, etc.