View Full Version : Plus for 2215 rear speaker

pdaided
07-18-2003, 10:33 AM
With all the negative posts about the 2200 ipaq having a rear speaker I too was a little bumbed. I bought it anyway and have found that it can be an advantage. The vaja case I used to carry on my jornada had the same screen cover for the speaker as the new 2200 case but it was covered when my flap was secured. Now this problem is alleviated. I think I'll lay it on it's cover at night. Secured, charging, ready to wake me up.
Any word on a morpheus case for the 2200? They have not emailed me back.

pdaided

peppzilla
07-19-2003, 12:29 AM
That's kind of what I was thinking. With the speaker on the back, if it's in a Vaja case, it won't be covered up. My Jornada's speaker can't quite cut through even it's own flip cover.

kiwi
07-19-2003, 04:04 AM
Here is a plus That I can think of..

A main reason I went to PPC rather than PalmOS after ditching my Psion 5 machine was the ability for it to play DTMF tones (ie. .wav files of the sounds) and be able to dial phone numbers.

Imagine sitting in a phone box or other phone, and trying to key in the digits for the local calling card number, the 10 digit PIN, then the international number you want to call.. about 30numbers... The PPC makes it easy. Now, with the speaker behind the unit, its easier to see what number you are selecting before the sounds starts, some software there is not much of a delay before dialing :D

B