View Full Version : New Posts Issue Fixed

Jason Dunn
07-17-2003, 07:10 PM
We've implemented a few fixes that should solve the "no new posts" problems that some of you have been seeing over the past couple of weeks. We've also tweaked some of our code to lessen the server burden when subscribers log on, which has resulted in things getting a little snappier.

FredMurphy
07-17-2003, 07:21 PM
Excellent! I recently discovered how much I rely on that page.

Steven Cedrone
07-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Yes!!! I can't wait to log off and log back on again!!!

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
07-17-2003, 07:30 PM
Would this have affected my logon somehow?

I was having difficulty logging on for the past little while. It's OK now, so I'm guessing it's related.

Jason Dunn
07-17-2003, 08:10 PM
Would this have affected my logon somehow?

Nope, that would be a totally different issue. Could be cookie-related. You might need to delete the PPCT cookie and re-download it by logging in again.

JvanEkris
07-17-2003, 08:32 PM
Still can't use it :(:(:(:(

Killed all the cookies, deleted my .dat file in the cookie-dir. Loged out, logged back in again, still no new posts.....

Tech info:
* Browser: InternetExplorer6.0
* Securty setting: Trusted site :)
* Personal Firewall: Norton (but always in a firewalled environment anyway)

Jaap

Kati Compton
07-17-2003, 08:52 PM
Still can't use it :(:(:(:(
Killed all the cookies, deleted my .dat file in the cookie-dir. Loged out, logged back in again, still no new posts.....

Keep in mind that if no one posted between the times you logged out and then back in, you won't see any new posts....

Steven Cedrone
07-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Well, I just logged in again...

There were tears in my eyes, and they were tears of joy!!!

Life is good!!!

Steve

ctmagnus
07-17-2003, 10:18 PM
Sweet! That was annoying while it lasted.

Pat Logsdon
07-17-2003, 10:37 PM
Today is the first day of the rest of my life. :rock on dude!:

Good job!

easylife
07-18-2003, 03:52 AM
Umm, I think there *may* be a problem with the subscriber services. For example, I logged on and there were 30 last 10 posts, and 3 pages of news. Another time when I logged on, there were 10 or so "Latest Articles" and now there are only 4 or so... :? There is obviously a problem somewhere...
EDIT: And THIS time there were 20 "last posts" and NO latest articles or top stories... I think I am getting settings from all different people... :?

droppedd
07-18-2003, 07:23 PM
it's weird - now it's only showing new posts made in the last hour or so... not everything is fixed, it appears. :? good luck... i know how pesky bugs can be.

ctmagnus
07-18-2003, 08:11 PM
If this issue is truly fixed, you just need to add a Subscribe button/link to the mobile forums. That's the one thing that's been getting me: the inability to subscribe to a forum without replying.

FredMurphy
07-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Still not working for me. It seems to work if you've been on recently but not if it's been more than a few hours (just returns "No posts meet your criteria"). Could it be a time-zone issue or taking into account time but not date? :?

petvas
08-16-2003, 11:47 PM
I still have the same issue. No new posts are being shown, or only the first page shows up...
I can't also upload an avatar..I have tried uploading one from my PC and from a URL...no success either way...