View Full Version : HP support is absolutely clueless

midtoad
07-17-2003, 03:49 PM
I've noted that my 2215 has a problem with alarms, and with turning off right after I turn it on. I looked in my accompanying CD, and it suggests that I call 800-HP-INVENT. Guess what? when I call, the voice mail system has no option for handhelds. After I select "other" and "something else", I finally get a person who has never heard of the 2200 series PDA (he only knows about Jornadas), and tells me to call 800-OK-COMPAQ. When I call there, same drill - no option for handheld units.

You'd think if you bought a PDA from a company that considers themselves a leader they would at least test their own documentation! HP seems to be doing their best to hide from customers who are teed off about the defective PDAs they are selling!

Update one hour later:

I finally got through to a person to help me. He said I need to call 800-HP-Invent, then select Commercial Products (! intuitive - not), then finally handhelds. The rep had never heard of the powering off problem, but did offer to exchange my unit for a new one.

mr_Ray
07-17-2003, 04:11 PM
I've noted that my 2215 has a problem with alarms, and with turning off right after I turn it on. I looked in my accompanying CD, and it suggests that I call 800-HP-INVENT. Guess what? when I call, the voice mail system has no option for handhelds. After I select "other" and "something else", I finally get a person who has never heard of the 2200 series PDA (he only knows about Jornadas), and tells me to call 800-OK-COMPAQ. When I call there, same drill - no option for handheld units.

You'd think if you bought a PDA from a company that considers themselves a leader they would at least test their own documentation! HP seems to be doing their best to hide from customers who are teed off about the defective PDAs they are selling!

HP are certainly not unique in this. Although I can only speak for Dell not having had a Tosh, etc, things are just as bad on the other side.
Tech support have a menu option for the Axim - Customer Care don't, and suitably they know nothing of them and just send you on to tech support where they don't speak English.

As for not test driving their own documentation - that's a fantastic step up from the WM2003 Axim where they didn't even test drive the product itself!

Treating customers well seems to be a dying art nowadays everywhere, and it sure ain't just in respect to PDAs.