View Full Version : iPocket

Bruno Figueiredo
07-17-2003, 02:58 PM
Wouldn't this be a cool device?

http://gaudi.fa.utl.pt/~bfigueiredo/iPocket.jpg

droppedd
07-17-2003, 03:09 PM
Now THAT i'd pay good money for.
Only move the jog wheel to the side, and make it a D-Pad, and then we're talking.

Isn't RCA releasing a HDD-based video and mp3 player with a color screen soon? If only they hadn't opted for their own proprietary OS on it...

Prevost
07-17-2003, 08:30 PM
Yeah, looks good...exactly as most of PocketPCs.

however some people say they want something different.

droppedd
07-17-2003, 08:59 PM
Yeah, looks good...exactly as most of PocketPCs.

however some people say they want something different.

umm... talk about "glass half empty" people. The point of a device like this (even if it's pure fantasy) is that it would have a 15-30 GB hard drive like the iPod it's based on. Now that would be ubercool.

Prevost
07-17-2003, 09:12 PM
Man, consider I live in Panama and I speak Spanish. I only use English in this forum so sometimes I am not saying things like I should in English but in Spanish then translated!!! :oops:

What I REALLY want to say is that is VERY cool looking, as most Pocket PCs are! I dont believe that "innovation" brought by Sony like that in the forum with this thread redirection

I completely agree with you concerning the device we are discussing here.

dean_shan
07-17-2003, 09:16 PM
The point of a device like this (even if it's pure fantasy) is that it would have a 15-30 GB hard drive like the iPod it's based on. Now that would be ubercool.

That would be sooo nice. I'm salivating.

droppedd
07-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Man, consider I live in Panama and I speak Spanish. I only use English in this forum so sometimes I am not saying things like I should in English but in Spanish then translated!!! :oops:

What I REALLY want to say is that is VERY cool looking, as most Pocket PCs do! I dont believe that "innovation" brought by Sony like that in the forum with this thread redirection

I completely agree with you concerning the device we are discussing here.

ah - yeah - in respect to the thread that linked to this, it's not a groundbreaking design, clamshell with rotating 1024x768 screen or anything. But outside of that context it's pretty cool.

TawnerX
07-17-2003, 09:42 PM
why not buy h2210 and paint it all white. same effect. :mrgreen:

droppedd
07-17-2003, 11:37 PM
on the outside, yeah. In fact, the 2210 is prettier. But it's the HDD idea that gets me going.

blusparkles
07-17-2003, 11:56 PM
Ohhh - that is damn sexy

Janak Parekh
07-18-2003, 04:30 AM
Sadly, I don't think you'll ever see a device like this. Steve Jobs doesn't believe in PDAs, and any device not by Apple that looks remotely like this will get sued before it hits the market. ;)

However, I'd love to see a more generic Pocket PC with integrated hard drive, just like the rest of us. It would need some clever power management, but it could be very promising.

--janak

07-18-2003, 04:59 AM
i would buy that if it had all the features of the 2215 and price.. the only diff is the look, and thats what i love.

Bruno Figueiredo
07-18-2003, 11:04 AM
This image I did it tweaking around in Photoshop.

I just feel the look of most pocket pc's isn't polished enough yet.
A device looking like this would be great. And if it had all the features I posted here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14806&start=0).