View Full Version : 2210 For Sale

Enderet
07-17-2003, 04:07 AM
Would anyone be interested in buying a 2210 that suffered a 2 foot fall from one of the sofas in my living room. It fell and hit the tile. From what I can see, it hit head on to the headphone jack. The head phones dont seem to work properly if not in a specific spot. The other part that sufffered is the Dpad. It will not register anything unless pressed extremely hard. These are the two problems. I dont know if its something that can be fixed easily. Please PM me if you are interested. As you all know. MSRP is about 400. Oh and its had a screen cover from day 1 :D

Enderet
07-17-2003, 05:13 AM
Oh and another thing... which I dont know if it might make a diff or not. Id be willing to ship to mexico

swimmer
07-17-2003, 06:32 AM
is this the retail version of the school one that some people got for $267? Is the warranty the same if it is the school version?

Duncan
07-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Why on earth don't you claim on your household insurance?

Jason Dunn
07-17-2003, 01:33 PM
Why on earth don't you claim on your household insurance?

If he has a high deductable, it might not make sense (ie: $500 or something). Also, insurance companies in North America are basically scams - if you make a $500 claim, they hike your rates the next year and you end up paying an extra $5000 over the life of your policy. I honestly wonder why I even have insurnace sometimes... :|

Duncan
07-17-2003, 03:57 PM
Blimey! When I dropped and broke my first Loox I had it replaced on insurance with just £50 of it not claimable. As it was only one claim in the year my insurance premiums actaully went down slightly this year (and they told me that a second claim would have added no more than £20 to my entire insurance bill!).

My sympathies Enderet (though perhaps an HP Care Pack with accidental damage cover might be worth exploring for your next iPAQ?).

droppedd
07-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Or look into device insurance from Safeware - good rates (at least in NY) for laptops; i'd assume they'd do handhelds too. They cover accidental damage, including drops and spills, as well as theft.

Paul Martin
07-18-2003, 03:51 AM
Enderet,

HP's repair center is in Calexico. Perhaps you could swing over and get it fixed?