View Full Version : Can I sync Outlook data on several devices through the web ?

Shaun Stuart
07-16-2003, 10:15 PM
I use several devices to update my diary, contacts, tasks and email. Which device I use depends on what I am doing and where I am at the time. At the weekend I only carry my phone (SE P800) so I would add appointments directly to the internal calendar. During the week if I am working from home I would add them directly to my desktop, but if I am working at one of the many business locations I go to then I would probably use my laptop. While on the road I will probably use my ipaq 2215.

Is there any service available whereby each of these can be updated over the web so that when I change information on one device I dont need to sync the devices together.

I would like add the information to my ipaq, sync this with an online web service and have my desktop, laptop and phone check the website and automatically update at regular intervals.

SHoTTa35
07-16-2003, 10:27 PM
i guess yahoo is the cheapest one... you can use intellisync for yahoo and sync palm and pocket pc devices (and to get all that info on yahoo you just run intellisync on your desktop with outlook and it'll update your yahoo contacts and calendar) when you are out you can sync up with yahoo which should have the latest info. You gotta set some rules tho... that if the PPC changes say by accident you don't wan it synching with yahoo then yahoo overwrites the outlook data which would have been your only backup of the correct info.