View Full Version : H2215 hard reset, how to?

gtmtnbiker98
07-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I am trying to hard reset the H2215 - following the manual's instructions; however, I cannot reset the machine. Any suggestions?

pschultz
07-16-2003, 09:56 PM
On the iPAQ 3835, you have to hold down the two outside hardware buttons (Calendar & iTask), and then press and hold the soft reset button until the device turns off. Then either press the soft reset button again or put the iPAQ in the cradle. Like I said though, this is for an iPAQ 3835. The iPAQ 2215 may be different.

midili
07-16-2003, 10:21 PM
Just like pschultz said, hold down the two outside buttons (calendar and arrow on the 2210) and use the stylus to push in the soft reset button on the back. You must hold in the soft reset button until the device shuts down. If you don't and release the soft reset button too quickly then you will have only performed a soft reset.

Let go of the two outside buttons on the front and press in the soft reset button (I assume inserting into the cradle works as well) and you are all set.

Jeff

gtmtnbiker98
07-16-2003, 11:09 PM
I didn't realize that you had to hold the reset button until the screen faded away! Anyway, it's reset and on it's way back to HP. Thanks for the help!