View Full Version : Does your transcriber work well on your 2210/2215??

midili
07-16-2003, 08:19 PM
I just got my 2210 last night, charged it up, and started playing with it. This is a replacement for a PPCPE. I started to use the transcriber input method in Notes and I am getting horrible results; in fact, I'm getting useless results!

For example, when I try to write the letter 'A' using the first method of 3 separate strokes as shown in the 'letter shapes demo' I will either get a transcription of 'T' or 't-' every time. I have even configured transcriber to say that I never write an 'A' the other two methods that it recognizes.

The letter 'A' is just a simple example, I have yet to successfully write a word with the transcriber; I get complete garbage or just '???' every time.

Transcribers works wonderfully on my t-mobile PPCPE. Is anyone else having similiar issues? Any recommendations??

Any help is appreciated.

Jeff

SHoTTa35
07-16-2003, 09:16 PM
i don't get it. Last night my girl was playing with my PPC and she was doing some really BAD hand writting on it and it worked. I was shocked. She even wrote it script and it recognized it (95% of the time) I normally use the keyboard as my input method but that's another alternative now. It def works on mine... excellent i may adds

portus
07-16-2003, 10:04 PM
If transcriber is acting weird, you should first check to see if the intended orientation of the screen (or your writing direction) is correctly set via the fat arrow icon at the bottom of the transcriber screen.

midili
07-16-2003, 10:18 PM
I called HP and they told me to do a hard reset and that solved the problem. No freaking idea why that solved the problem, but it did...

Kati Compton
07-16-2003, 10:24 PM
I called HP and they told me to do a hard reset and that solved the problem. No freaking idea why that solved the problem, but it did...
I have to agree with portus that it might have been that Transcriber was set so you'd have to write diagonally on the screen or something like that. I've accidentally changed the orientation myself on more than one occasion and been momentarily confused.

midili
07-16-2003, 10:33 PM
I have to agree with portus that it might have been that Transcriber was set so you'd have to write diagonally on the screen or something like that. I've accidentally changed the orientation myself on more than one occasion and been momentarily confused.

yup, it took me a while to figure out how to change the orientation (apparently I didnt look in the correct Help file... arg!) but I can replicate the behavior if I change the orientation.

thank you Kati and Portus.

Jeff