View Full Version : HP 5555 Signal and connection.

Deus
07-16-2003, 03:03 AM
I went out and about with my 5555 to see what I could find for Networks. Luckily I live on the information Highway in Massachusetts and there is no shortage of signals. I did get a signal from a network named "TMR" This seemed to be a T-Mobile network.

When you open connection manager (windows mobile 2003) and Choose network Card and then click and hold on TMR the "connect" option is greyed out! This is the only network which has done this. I also noticed that the TMR sinal is the only one with a ldifferent icon on the left of the name. All of the signals have a Tower icon but the TMR signal has an icon that looks like a PPC?? Anyone have any info on this?

Also I notice that a signal will say i am connected but will not allow me internet access?? How can this be? It does not prompt me for a WEP ID.

rasputinj
07-17-2003, 08:53 AM
Do you live near a Starbucks? I have not used T-Mobs Wifi, but I would think you would get to a login screen if it was T-Mob, look up the FAQ on their Wifi Service.

SHoTTa35
07-17-2003, 01:22 PM
could be a pocket pc broadcasting it ad-hoc mode... that's you link 2 PPCs together.