View Full Version : T68i IR - Bluetooth to Ipaq 2215

SHoTTa35
07-15-2003, 10:33 PM
hehe... topic prolly didn't make much sense but as of now i don't have a bluetooth dongle in my pc. I guess too cheap to go out and get one but that's not the topic here ;) Anyways I noticed when paring with my T68is phone it loaded a DUN (Dial-Up Networking) profile as well as 2 Serial connections. My T68is has a Infra-Red and a connection at the bottom for connecting cameras, radios, mp3 players and the likes... so i'm guessing those are the 2 serial ports. Now what i was trying to do (just for kicks) is to see if i can line up the T68is' IR port with the laptop and then sync my Ipaq over bluetooth with the phone's IR.

Dunno if you getting all this but it just doesn't seem to work or maybe i'm doing it wrong. Technically it should be able to right?

Ipaq BT -> T68is BT -> T68is IR -> Laptop IR -> ActiveSync

just a lil project for me to tinker with, don't really think it's possbile but the idea sounds possible since i can sync my T68 with my laptop via IR now

Janak Parekh
07-15-2003, 10:48 PM
I'm 99.999% sure this is impossible. The T68(i) has multiple ways of connecting to it, but it's not going to act as an IR<->BT converter. You're going to have to get a BT dongle for your laptop to do that. They've steadily gone down in price, so you might want to hunt around.

--janak