View Full Version : Best Wifi Card

ghostppc
07-15-2003, 06:19 PM
I am looking into getting a compact flash wifi card. Is there a WiFi card out there that can work on wireless and wireline networks? Which card is the best out there to choose for this?

droppedd
07-15-2003, 08:38 PM
If price is no object, the Socket/Symbol card is supposed to be great. If price is an object, the D-Link 660W is perfectly functional and cheap from mobileplanet or compusa, not to mention Windows Mobile 2003 compatible.

I don't know of any card that's integrated wireless and wired networking. But that would seem like a bad idea, it would be too bulky. You can pick up separate cards cheap, and if you don't need the ethernet plug on a given day, just wireless, you don't need that extra bulk for the network jack in your pocket. You can get a CF wired network card for as little as $30 or so.

rasputinj
07-17-2003, 08:54 AM
I do not know of any combo cards, the Dell is a good one, the Dlink and Linksys are o'k and cheaper.

egads
07-23-2003, 06:40 PM
If price is no object, the Socket/Symbol card is supposed to be great. If price is an object, the D-Link 660W is perfectly functional and cheap from mobileplanet or compusa, not to mention Windows Mobile 2003 compatible.

What makes the Socket/Symbol so good compaired to the others ?

rasputinj
07-23-2003, 08:54 PM

What makes the Socket/Symbol so good compaired to the others ? They do not use the prism chipset, I am blanking on which chipset they use, and I thought the Socket/Symbol card had more TX power than the other cards?