View Full Version : h1940 ActiveSync Start Sound Not Working

Gerald Limbert
07-15-2003, 02:56 PM
I recently bought an Ipaq h1940. When using activeSync I checked the notification boxes on the handheld to get sounds at start and finish. Mysteriously the start sound fails to operate on the handheld. I've hard and soft reset but to no avail. HP UK support cannot assist as they have yet to get their hands on a 1940. My 1910 works perfectly issuing both sound as appropriate. Has anyone else experienced the same and been able to solve the problem?
:(

Antoine
07-15-2003, 05:56 PM
Hello Gerald,

Go to:
Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications

Then, tap on the "Notifications" tab.
Select the event "ActiveSync: Begin sync" and assign it a sound. Do the same for the event "ActiveSync: End sync".

I had the same behaviour with my h2210. It looks like HP decided to make Activesync quiet by default on its newer models. It's not a bad decision I guess, considering that it used to drive the people around me crazy...

Cheers,

Antoine

SHoTTa35
07-15-2003, 10:36 PM
yeah, i noticed that too... kinda like it off now too. Before i didn't turn it off with my Ipaq 3650 but now that's it's off i like it being off. My PC still makes sounds tho but the Ipaq doesn't.

Loving the Ipaq so far tho!

lurch
07-15-2003, 11:47 PM
This really does sound more like a blessing than a curse! :)

hogwild
08-07-2003, 11:58 PM
On a similar note (sort of), I've had serious difficulties syncing with both my work and home PC's. Guess all those rants I've read about "ActiveStink" were right on... It works really well with one PC, but not with two. :( I was really looking forward to having everything synchronized. Maybe future versions will be better. Guess I should look around first, but are there any other sync tools that perfom better?