View Full Version : Newton Notes replacement - again

Stephen Beesley
07-15-2003, 12:18 PM
I have just been going over tho old post about the Newton's toiletpaper roll approach to a notes app (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) and once again got all excited about the prospect of a PocketPC app with the same or similiar features.

In particular I was wondering if Alex has found any time away from the seeming continual improvement of PI to follow up on his desire (see quote below) to do something like this.

What's funny...I have a Newton in my desk specifically to write an a memo app that would match feature for feature the Newton paper roll memo app.

In fact, PI has quite a few Newton inspired UI elements...though Notes isn't one of them yet.

I really like that mockup though...makes me want to go back to my design and start working on it again.

Am I flogging a dead horse or do others on the list yearn for something as integrated as Newton notes.

Goldtee

dangerwit
07-15-2003, 01:56 PM
Goldtee, I definitely yearn for a notes app just like the Newton's. It was the easiest to use among other things. I still use my Newton for notes occasionally, but without a good way to import to my PC, its like running into a brick wall.

All the different note templates they had, phone memos, etc. Very easy and intuitive.

*Phil

rhmorrison
07-15-2003, 02:14 PM
Am I flogging a dead horse or do others on the list yearn for something as integrated as Newton notes.
I sure miss my old Newton MP130 (although I don't miss lugging it around)!

popabawa
07-16-2003, 08:52 AM
Tell you what, I would PAY MONEY to replicate Newton Notes on my iPAQ, and I don't make bold statements like that lightly! :mrgreen:

Might even pursuade me to jump ship form Agenda Fusion (although I'd prefer a standalone application).

Note of the other note-taking app's on the market cut the mustard for me really.

onepieceman
07-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Me too. I think PI4.5 is the closest to providing the Notes functionality that I need, and sorting Notes is certainly welcome, but it's not quite there yet. Templates would be nice, but even more important is a way to group the notes based on their categories.

dean_shan
07-16-2003, 08:40 PM
Newtons rule! I love my 2100.