View Full Version : Reconnect iPAQ 3850 screen

Dazbot
07-15-2003, 12:43 AM
Ok, I'm trying to reconnect the cable that comes from the screen to the circuit board, but I don't know how. I've got this brown piece of plastic which I assume holds the cable flat against the contacts in the connector but I've no idea how to insert it or which way around. Without out it all I get is the backlight, no picture. Theres nothing broken on the connector, the clips are still attached.

Any advice? Please I can't live without my iPAQ.

Dazbot

jorgefar
07-15-2003, 01:45 AM
Look at this Site, http://www.mobileconquest.com/TID.htm and download the Changing LCD Screen Directions, are in PDF format, you need Acrobat Reader to open the files, Hope That helps, regards!!!

Jorge Farias
Venezuela

Dazbot
07-15-2003, 02:23 AM
Thankyou, I've fixed it, that's a very interesting connector for the LCD connection, I've never seen anything like it before.

A little piece of plastic makes a huge difference!

Pony99CA
07-15-2003, 07:23 AM
Ok, I'm trying to reconnect the cable that comes from the screen to the circuit board, but I don't know how. I've got this brown piece of plastic which I assume holds the cable flat against the contacts in the connector but I've no idea how to insert it or which way around. Without out it all I get is the backlight, no picture. Theres nothing broken on the connector, the clips are still attached.

Any advice? Please I can't live without my iPAQ.
Oh, come on! Don't you think we're curious about why your iPAQ is apart? :-)

Steve