View Full Version : Any FREE mail client with IMAP support?

Razor1973
07-14-2003, 04:56 PM
If it includes POP3 support, even better, but IMAP should be fine. Have only found IMAP Force, but it's $60! 8O

TIA! :D

Sooner Al
07-14-2003, 05:29 PM
If it includes POP3 support, even better, but IMAP should be fine. Have only found IMAP Force, but it's $60! 8O

TIA! :D

Well, the PocketPC Inbox supports both POP3 and IMAP...and its FREE... 8)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/support/pocketpc/support_topic.asp?cid=0&tid=6

Razor1973
07-14-2003, 05:48 PM
... offered by other clients like IMAP Force. Check it out at http://www.ruksun.com/

Very cool. Wish there was a similar one that was FREE.

KayMan2k
07-14-2003, 09:05 PM
I love Pocket Outlook and all.. but you can send/recieve mail WITHOUT ActiveSync? I am looking for a the same free (or cheap) IMAP program if not..

JonnoB
07-14-2003, 10:32 PM
I love Pocket Outlook and all.. but you can send/recieve mail WITHOUT ActiveSync? I am looking for a the same free (or cheap) IMAP program if not..

You can do it without Activesync, you only need a network connection. I personally do it with my WiFi connection all of the time.

Sooner Al
07-14-2003, 10:54 PM

Simply setup an Inbox Service... Look at the link I posted earlier. I check email via a 802.11b link at home (or remote location with a wireless network) and a 56K dial modem while on the road.

SHoTTa35
07-16-2003, 03:06 AM
I'm assuming you have PPC 2003 here..

So in inbox just click accounts then new account, enter email, click next (it attempts to connect to auto configure, how nice of them) either let it or click skip. Put in username, password and all that and click next. Choose IMAP on the next page put in the server information and you're done.... simple as that.

It only helps when people pay attention to the features at hand...

Razor1973
07-16-2003, 01:55 PM
It's only cause I paid attention to the features at hand that I decided to go on and ask for more features. I know the built-in mail client supports IMAP4, but it doesn't have all the features I wish for. That's where I have my accounts configured, after all.

I mentioned IMAP Force cause that's the type of client I want and wish there was a similar one free.

Thanks.

axe
07-16-2003, 06:30 PM
Pocket Outlook also works in ppc2002, not just '03. I used it over wifi at work. Our Exchange server can also except the IMAP clients.

AXE