View Full Version : D-LINK WiFi doesn't work on 802.11g... ???

stonepro
07-14-2003, 04:17 AM
I just got an H2215, and bought a D-LINK 660W with it. The drivers are for 2002, but they seem to work well enough on 2003. I popped it in (after loading the software) and connected fine to my Linksys WAP11.

Then... I upgraded my router to a Linksys-G router. Every laptop in house connects perfectly with their assortmant of 802.11b cards (Linksys, Cisco, and Dell), AND my e740 ALSO connects easily.

My D-Link card, however, connects, but does not allow me to connect to web sites -- it doesn't seem to route internet traffic. :evil: Here's what I tested.

I used the ping utility built into the driver to ping the ISP's DNS servers: success. Try to open a web page... nothing -- times out after a while (page could not be found).
I reconnected my WAP11, "connected" the D-Link to that access point, and -- great! -- I can open web pages.
I "connect" my D-Link to the Wireless-G access point, and .... nothing -- same as before.

So... I know that it can reach IP's via the Wireless-G, but it just won't route - or resolve addresses -- through it. :(

AHHHH!!!

Help! -- I'm lost here. Hey -- is there a tracert utility for the PPC?

D-Link has no drivers for 2003 posted yet -- bastards!

Anyone else have any experience with the Linksys wireless-g router?

TIA!!!

aximmanx5
07-15-2003, 11:27 PM
The problem with the 54g, is that up until a few weeks ago, there wasn't a standard. This means the other manufactures cards may not work with your router, even though they are both 54g complient. It is possible that when you bought your router, the standard wasn't set yet. Secondly, maybe you have a bad d-link card. If every other 802.11b card works fine on yourf 54g router, maybe the d-link compact flash card is a lemon. Let me know what you find out
Hope this helped
Peace

stonepro
07-17-2003, 02:13 PM
Note to the PPCThoughts community:

D-LINK has not responded to my email support request regarding using their DCF-660W with 802.11g devices. I DID, however, receive an aknowledgment that my request was received. :evil:

If anyone has info out there, please share.

Aximmanx5 -- thanks for the advice -- I'm going to exchange it today just to make sure it wasn't a lemon -- good advice! :)

Also -in my support request - I included a request for information on WinMobile2003 drivers... Nada.

Hey D-LINK -- if you're out there -- some of us "consumers" are IT decision makers for Fortune 50 companies -- especially when it comes to PDA standards... :worried:

aximmanx5
07-18-2003, 02:41 AM
Not a problem stonepro, i am not an expert on networking, but i have done some. If you need some other help, just ask. If i don't know, i will help you look it up. Thats what i am here for.

Peace