View Full Version : Record button non-responsive on 5555

MultiMatt
07-14-2003, 04:12 AM
Has anyone else had this problem?
My iPAQ 5555 will not begin recording when I push the Record button on the side of the unit.
If I open Notes, and then hit the Record button, it will work, but I've been VERY used to just hitting the Record button on every other iPAQ I've owned - particularly when I'm driving down the road and think of something I need to jot down!

There are some nice features to the new OS, but there are more buggy things than I can recollect in any other release!!! :eek:

Matt

cgavula
07-14-2003, 04:18 AM
The record button doesn't turn on my Ipaq 5555 (for which I'm eternally grateful - I always thought that was a bad thing), but once the unit is powered up it does automatically launch Notes.

--Chris

Pony99CA
07-14-2003, 08:10 AM
The record button doesn't turn on my Ipaq 5555 (for which I'm eternally grateful - I always thought that was a bad thing), but once the unit is powered up it does automatically launch Notes.

Actually, I think the Record button is the one button that should turn on the Pocket PC automatically. Of course, the ideal solution would be a page in the Buttons settings applet that defined which buttons should power up the Pocket PC and which ones shouldn't.

Steve

madbart
07-14-2003, 01:38 PM
glad i kept my 5450 :lol:

that_kid
07-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Goto settings>buttons>Lock and make sure that they are not locked from waking the device.

ctmagnus
07-15-2003, 05:41 AM
Goto settings>buttons>Lock and make sure that they are not locked from waking the device.

The new ones can do that? nifty! Mine's still ~six weeks away though. :cry: