View Full Version : Lack of forums chat.

Deus
07-14-2003, 04:00 AM
Am I the only one who feels like there is not enough PPC forum action on the net to keep me occupied?

True addict, I need more and more and more and more.

Jason Dunn
07-14-2003, 05:06 AM
Wow. Yes, I think you're alone! :lol: I can't even keep up with 100% of the messages in my own forums, let alone all the other PDA sites...

Deus
07-14-2003, 05:14 AM
But thats because you also have the job of running the busiest PPC site on the net too! That might keep you busy! :lol:

Steven Cedrone
07-14-2003, 05:16 AM
Just on this site, the forums usually have at least 200 threads active each and every day (that's not posts, that's just threads). If you were to hit this site and maybe two others each day and read all of the new posts, you have a full time job...

Just where are you looking?

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
07-14-2003, 05:37 AM
I'll chime in as a Regular Joe. Unlike Steve and Jason, I don't have any responsibilities related to this site. I just read it. Still, I find it a challenge to keep up with all the activity on these boards alone. I may drop in on some of the other boards from time to time, but it's usually brief and I will probably only drill down into a few threads. Here, on the other hand, I refresh the NEW POSTS link several times per day. Even then I don't have the time to jump into as many discussions as I'd like.

If only there were more hours in a day...

Deus
07-14-2003, 06:30 AM
This is a bad sign! Anyone selling lives out there. I need one :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
07-14-2003, 07:11 AM
Overall, I find the flow of posts a little too fast on the site... that's why we hired Kati, after all :D

However, during a quiet evening I'll do what I suspect Deus does -- do a little work/websurfing/whatever and then click New Posts. Rinse and repeat every 5 minutes. Then, the feed seems slow. :lol:

Oh, and BTW -- Deus -- it is Sunday. We do have noticeably less volume on Sundays. Wait 'till tomorrow, it'll be busy again! :)

--janak

Anthony Caruana
07-14-2003, 07:31 AM
Gotta say that i find it tough to fit my job in around keeping up with the posts and threads on PPCT.
:D

Deus
07-14-2003, 07:54 AM
Being someone who got laid off and is used to working 10 hour days. That may have something to do with it! hahaha

Pony99CA
07-14-2003, 07:57 AM
Am I the only one who feels like there is not enough PPC forum action on the net to keep me occupied?
Maybe you should try posting more. I have more posts here than anybody but three admins, and I don't even try to view all of the new posts. I read the home page, and I check out the last 10 posts section on the home page. Once or twice a day of that is more than enough for me.

I also check out pocketnow (even before I worked there), and, occasionally, a few other Pocket PC sites like Brighthand and Pocket PC Addict.

If you really have a lot of free time on your hands, visit my Web site's News links (http://links.svpocketpc.com/#LINKS_NEWS) and try to keep up with every site there. Good luck.

Steve

Thinkingmandavid
07-17-2003, 06:35 AM
Maybe he isnt reading every thread, only those that interest him. I dont read every thread, only the ones that interest me. I am not going to be as busy as Jason for that reason alone.
I go to other pda sits as well so I can get a variety of opinons and topics. I will say this, here at this iste there are more posts going on than at pdabuzz...I go there and it takes a while for someone to post to a thread. This has been my experience more of late, I am not saying it has been everyones elses. Of course, Wes rocked and things changed after the cool dude left.

maximus
07-18-2003, 01:10 AM
For me, the consideration of 'enough' depends on the connection that i have. When i am in front of my office PC with 'free' internet access, i visited several sites on daily basis, mostly sites which relate to my hobby: computers, digital photography, journalism, and PPC.

When i am away, with only GPRS access to internet, I only visited this site (go directly to 'just chatting' and 'dell' forums from my bookmark), and one other site on computer review.

Overall, I find the flow of posts a little too fast on the site... that's why we hired Kati, after all :D

You mean .... you guys actually pay kati to make her stay on topic?
8O

Kati Compton
07-18-2003, 02:29 AM
You mean .... you guys actually pay kati to make her stay on topic? 8O
That might be more effective... But no, I am unpaid to make sure YOU stay on topic.

:nonono:

So stop digressing and talking about me. ;)

dh
07-18-2003, 03:58 AM
That might be more effective... But no, I am unpaid to make sure YOU stay on topic.

But you know we only talk about you cos we like you Kati.

07-18-2003, 04:39 AM
nobody answeres my threads :(

Janak Parekh
07-18-2003, 05:03 AM
nobody answeres my threads :(
Relax, default. People do occasionally miss threads. :) Don't worry, we don't have it in for you. Maybe we're just mesmerized at the (old!) iPod in your avatar... :lol:

--janak

07-18-2003, 05:16 AM
i love the ipod look! so back off! :) yea thanks, and its not old its STILL CUTE AND CUDDLY!

Pony99CA
07-18-2003, 08:56 AM
Maybe we're just mesmerized at the (old!) iPod in your avatar... :lol:
We're certainly not mesmerized by the annoyingly big signature (with graphics, no less) -- especially as neither of those buttons actually work. :?

Steve

JA
07-18-2003, 12:58 PM
Maybe we're just mesmerized at the (old!) iPod in your avatar... :lol:
We're certainly not mesmerized by the annoyingly big signature (with graphics, no less) -- especially as neither of those buttons actually work. :?

Steve

Exactly what I was thinking...

(Sorry for going off-topic)

It's funny, most people get the hint and "tone down" their sigs after a few days of posting here. Default, why don't you just put a coupla' hyperlinks in your sig and remove the graphics? Although it's cool that the mods don't jump on people for sigs, maybe in this case a few PM's are in order... :twisted:

I may not post alot here, but I do read alot (before you say anything, the check is in the mail :wink: ) and sigs this size are distracting, and quite frankly, annoying...

JA

maximus
07-18-2003, 01:35 PM

But you know we only talk about you cos we like you Kati.

Yeah, and all that we want is to befriend you, so our posts are not being moderated that often ... ha ha.