View Full Version : PocketPC Internet over SprintPCS? Help Please...

gman
07-13-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm trying to get my Audiovox Maestro to work with my Kyocera cellphone to get online. I have Sprint PCS w/wireless web service. I have the data cable that I need to connect the two and I've been through the whole internet connection setup, but I can't get anything to happen.

After trying to connect, it stops and says:

"Trouble Connecting:
There is no modem at the number dialed........"

So, its acting like there is no phone connected. I know I have actually had it working in the past, but I've had to do a full system restore since then, so I lost all my original settings.

Here are the settings I'm using:
Select a modem: Hayes compatible on COM 1
Baud rate: 14400
Area code: 317
Phone number: #2932
user: web
password: web

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

gman

PetiteFlower
07-13-2003, 10:21 PM
Do you have Vision? If so then you should set the Baud rate to the highest setting, no area code, phone number #777, no user name or password. That's how I set mine up anyway. But I thought the only phone you could do it with was the LG 5350.

gman
07-13-2003, 10:23 PM
No, I don't have Vision. I have an older Kyocera 2035 with just 'regular' Sprint PCS. Its actually part of a corporate account, but we do have wireless web access on the phones.

PetiteFlower
07-13-2003, 10:26 PM
Oh in that case I can't help you. But try it without the area code.

rfischer
07-14-2003, 03:29 AM
From what I remember when I used to use SprintPCS, you should set the baud rate at 19200. It seemed to be picky about that. Also, yes, you should not need an area code. I used to have a doc with all the settings, but I can't seem to find it. If you still can't get it to work, shoot me an email and I'll try harder to find it.

Good Luck!

UPDATE: I found the doc. (It was in hard copy)..

Hayes Compatible on Com1:
19200 Baud Rate

Extra dial-string modem commands:
AT&FX4

I used to used this to connect my old Casio E-115 to my Samsung SCH-8500 (before I got my T-Mobile). It worked every time!

gai-jin
07-15-2003, 07:53 AM
I have a sanyo 4900, with the usb cable to connect it to my laptop. Is there any way, using a different cable or adapter, to get an ipaq 5455 working with the sanyo 4900 for mobile net access?

i.e. is it possible, via a pcmcia sleeve, with a usb card installed, to connect the phone via usb to the ipaq? Or is there a cable to go direct from the phone to the ipaq?

Steve

Janak Parekh
07-15-2003, 04:19 PM
I have a sanyo 4900, with the usb cable to connect it to my laptop. Is there any way, using a different cable or adapter, to get an ipaq 5455 working with the sanyo 4900 for mobile net access?
Not as far as I know. You might be able to get it working with a USB host CF card (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9310), but I haven't heard of anyone being successful in doing so.

Or is there a cable to go direct from the phone to the ipaq?
No such cable can exist, as the phone needs to connect to a USB host.

--janak