View Full Version : Pocket Money working on 2215 (Whoo-hoo!)

ToeCutter
07-13-2003, 06:02 PM
I found this after an exhaustive Google search. Picking the proper keywords is getting more and more difficult!

I followed these instructions verbatim and Pocket Money does indeed work. You cannot, however, use the Today screen link. I simply put a link in the Start Menu and it works fine. It's a hack, but it does work on the 2215.

RANT: Hey Microsoft! No one in Redmond could come up with a simple fix?! Jeez. (Pocket Quicken works FINE. Perhaps that'll wake 'em up)

Anyway, here's the cut and paste:

I saw a post in a newsgroup that referenced a post on Brigthand. I tried it out and and it is mostly functional. The only thing that seems not to work are the tap-hold functions. It WILL sync to the desktop Money program, so you can somewhat work around the tap-hold problems if you need to edit or delete an account or transaction.

1) Start the install with active-sync. When it gets to the error window pops up, don't close it.

2) Explore using Active-sync on the desktop to the folder on the Pocket PC where the Money install .cab is located (\Windows\AppMgr\Install\Microsoft Money for the Pocket PC.cab) and copy and paste this file to the "\temp" folder.

3) Use File Explorer on the Pocket PC and browse to the "\Temp" folder and tap on the .cab file you just pasted. The program will install without an error this time.

4) Close the error box you got from the original install.

5) Use File Explorer on the Pocket PC and browse to the Windows Folder. Copy the moneyce file and browse to the "Windows\Start Menu\Programs and "Paste Shortcut". Rename new shortcut to "Microsoft Money".

Many thanks to the original poster...

Wallet Boy
07-14-2003, 12:59 AM
Just a quick thought. How do you transfer the old money data over to the new PDA. I do not use Money for the PC but would like just to find the name of the Money for PPC database and beam it to my new device. Any ideas?

swimmer
07-14-2003, 05:27 PM
Has anyone bought money 2004 (came out today)? People say its supposed to have the new pocket money on the cd. Any info?

ToeCutter
07-14-2003, 05:31 PM
swimmer,

Do you have a link for the web site? MS site still lists Money 2003 as the shipping version.

swimmer
07-14-2003, 05:42 PM
there's acouple that verify it's out today.
but no good info :(

I'll probably pick it up at staples sometime today.

Yeah microsoft has no info (look at bottom)-
http://shop.microsoft.com/special/itsnew/

Staples has it in stock-
http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Browse/Sku.asp?PageType=1&Sku=513639

Amazon has it too-
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009L1HS/qid=1058200117/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-4672881-0899104?v=glance&s=software&n=507846

peterawest
07-14-2003, 06:54 PM
Amazon posted this message on the details page for Microsoft Money 2004 Premium - DVD Box

Availability: This item will be released on July 17, 2003. You may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives.

That's all they say about the product. Maybe in three days more will be known.

nthnsum
12-29-2003, 08:11 AM
ToeCutter, after following your directions (which worked sweet by the way - THANKS!!!) :lol: my Today plug-in link seems to be working just fine. Did you mean that it doesn't update properly or was yours failing to display?

I made sure my plug-in was listed directly under the last enabled plug-in, so don't know if that might make a difference for you.