View Full Version : Theme Generator v2 problems

i700SoCalGuy
07-13-2003, 12:19 AM
Hi there users - hopefully someone can help me with my problems with Theme Gen v2 from Microsoft - I am running XP on my desktop and have a Samsung i700 PPC PE 2002..........

I downloaded Theme Gen from Microsoft and works fine as far as setting up the theme - it says it sends it over to my PPC, but it says "invalid theme type" and shows 0kb next to the Theme name.tsk on my device. I have been able to download themes from sites that are already created and they work fine - but none of the ones i'm generating from this Theme Gen are working :?: I've tried to redownload the software and still have the same problems - it says they are created and sends them over, but they are empty! I have plenty of storage space available and I am making sure they are in My Documents or Windows folders......... I've even cropped the picture size to match what i've read on these boards that it should be sized to for both the background pic and the start menu pic........

Does anyone have any suggestions - If I have to, I will buy a better package for creating themes, but many people seem to be working just fine with the free version from Microsoft.............. Any help would be appreciated! Thanx for reading..........

Michael

i700SoCalGuy
07-13-2003, 01:20 AM
Well - I'm sure this isn't how it is meant to be done in a perfect world - but I went into My Device Themes under My Documents on my Desktop and noticed that all of my newly created .tsk files actually had content in them - unlike what was transferred onto my device....... So I just copied and pasted them into the device and now they work great!

I left the posting just in case someone else might have a similar puzzling problem.............and then they might be able to fix it the way I have.

Good luck to all! And I wanted to add that the ability to generate my own themes is a great toy/tool to have! Making my PocketPC completely customized to my personality is fun and certainly a great way to show my individuality.........

Peace to all.......