View Full Version : 5555 case

Deus
07-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Am I the only one who likes the case that comes with the Hp5555? I have a Custom Vaja I-Volution I bought for my 3975 but now its useless. I would love to have a new Vaja but I already spent plenty on ythe last one. All in all though I am kind of impressed with someone finally including a case that has good quality. I would rather have a case that could stay on during use. but...

Dave Beauvais
07-12-2003, 06:35 AM
For those of us who don't know, what's it come with? I guess I assumed it was the same CoverPAQ they've had with all the recent iPAQs. Is that not the case? (Pun intended.)

--Dave

Deus
07-12-2003, 06:53 AM
Anywhere?

jt3
07-12-2003, 07:06 AM
No, the 5500 series does NOT come with the CoverPAQ. Instead, it comes with a belt-clip pouch. It's a pretty nice pouch, but I still like the old CoverPAQ better. However, I think the ultimate is the new slimline keyboard with built-in CoverPAQ. It adds no width (other than what the standard CoverPaq did. It still allows the use of the cradle, and it only adds an inch or so to length. SWEET!

pez
07-12-2003, 08:18 AM
CoverPAQ is the plastic shield right??

Cuz my dad has that on his 5455 and its sooo freaking AWESOME

Deus
07-12-2003, 11:10 AM
CoverPAQ is the plastic shield right??

Cuz my dad has that on his 5455 and its sooo freaking AWESOME

Yeah the CoverPaq is plastic. The 5500 series comes with a leather holster. I like it better personally

madbart
07-12-2003, 01:43 PM
No, the 5500 series does NOT come with the CoverPAQ. Instead, it comes with a belt-clip pouch.

belt clip pouch......they are just making it a bigger geek product than it already is....i mean honestly who would wear a belt clip on a day to day basis!

cgavula
07-12-2003, 03:45 PM
I don't like the new case very much. The old cover kept the buttons from being pressed and the unit from being accidently turned on. In the new case all you have to do is press slightly on the side and the Ipaq turns on - no real protection. Since I keep my Ipaq inside of my laptop bag it often bumps into other things now and turns on.

So although the new case is definitely a higher-qualilty, I don't like it very much.

--Chris

Dave Beauvais
07-12-2003, 06:36 PM
... i mean honestly who would wear a belt clip on a day to day basis!
Well, I do, actually. Why? Because I'm a guy and it's not fashionable for men to carry purses -- even so-called "man bags." :) My Pocket PC goes with me almost literally everywhere I go and I rarely wear pants with pockets large enough to carry it comfortably or safely. A case (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,10394) which clips to my belt is the most convenient method of carrying it, even though with my cell phone on the other side, I do look just a bit like Batman.

--Dave

Jerry Raia
07-12-2003, 07:14 PM
I like the one that comes with the 5555 as well. And yes I have been seen with it on my belt. Lets face it...we are geeks.

Geek Pride.

Deus
07-12-2003, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't say GEEK. I concider it "Tech Shiek" (sp). I still go to night clubs and have a great social life so I refuse to be branded Geek. I am still too vaign. I STILL BY BRAND NAME CLOTHES FOR GOD SAKES! (victim I am)

Anyway no one knows I carry a ppc on my belt because I usually have a long shirt or T-shirt covering it. I like how it site sideways. Its concealed more.

Jerry Raia
07-12-2003, 07:26 PM
Anyway no one knows I carry a ppc on my belt because I usually have a long shirt or T-shirt covering it. I like how it site sideways. Its concealed more.

Kinda like a concealed weapon :D

Deus
07-13-2003, 10:15 AM
The case can be found at http://casesonline.com/
Its the belt case, in black