View Full Version : Possible to emulate a BT headset profile with my Ipaq?

Corn
07-11-2003, 05:53 PM
So here I am, sitting at my desk in my office looking at my car right outside of my window. Inside my car is my T68i phone. It's there because I get no signal inside the building (I do get signal in the car where it's parked), so why bother bringing it in, eh?

But I wonder...........anyone think it's possible to have the 5xxx emulate a bluetooth headset and use it as a wireless speakerphone with the T68i?

SHoTTa35
07-15-2003, 10:26 PM
oh don't we wish... dream on there buddy...do some dreaming for me too. I have a T68is as well and would love that idea but would love even more the idea of getting some bluetooth headphones to listen to my MP3s with then since the phone is bluetooth as well when it rings (since i wont hear it - if i don't turn on vibration) the phone sends a ring signal to the Bt headsets even if it's just one ear. Then i can pause my MP3s, take off the headset, answer my phone then when done put it back on and continue jammin. As of now, Sony Ericsson has that HBH-35 that i w ant so bad for my phone but even if the Ipaq had a headset profile (anyone thinks this can change with a firmware upgrade or is it a prob with the hardware itself? - doubt the latter) i wouldn't wanna listen to MP3s in monophonic sound so that would just be 2 many toys to have. Rightnow the HBH-35 to me is just a fun item to have since i don't drive that much and the only place in my area that requires it when driving is NY - CT and NJ might soon go there to but they haven't yet. I sorta rather using one too since it's definitely easier than holding up da phone for long convos. Unless i had the cell in my pocket i'd prolly walk away not realizing i have a zone i have to stick to.

Janak Parekh
07-15-2003, 10:43 PM
Indeed, I don't think the 555x implements headset functionality. You can control your T68i with a program like Running Voice GSM (http://www.pocketpresence.com/rvgsm.asp), but again I don't think that provides headset functionality.

You might want to consider investing in a Jabra BT headset (http://www.jabra.com/products/FreeSpeak_Bluetooth.htm), though. They work quite well, and if it's line-of-sight you have an above average shot of getting it to work, and they're reasonably affordable.

--janak

hollis_f
07-16-2003, 07:35 AM
I believe there exist GSM antennae that you can put near your window that can pick up and rebroadcast the signal into the room. Might work better than the BT headset.

One problem with the headset is when you ring a company and the computerised voice system asks you to "Press 1 to be diverted into an infinite loop; Press 2 to be ignored for 5 minutes; Press 3...." etc. Bit difficult to press the required number when the phone's outside.