View Full Version : Inquiries... pocket IE and others.

maximus
07-10-2003, 09:26 AM
1. When loading a page (with my axim through GPRS), i often got 'the page you are looking for cannot be found'... What is that? in pocketpcthoughts, i always get that message right after hitting the 'submit' button. I have to hit 'reload' several times, until i get the page displayed correctly. that also happened to some websites, like hotmail, go.icq.com, etc.

2. How to open multiple session of pocket internet explorer? The desktop equivalent of right-click-open-in-new-window?

3. Anyone know how to make a one button shortcut to connect to internet? The equivalent of going throught 'setting-connection tab-connection-connect' routine?

4. Thanks.

GoldKey
07-10-2003, 02:00 PM
1. Seems like the connection might not have been negotiated yet. Once you get the page loaded, does it happen again during the same connection session?

2. Can't open multiple IE sessions. I think I remember reading here that there is another browser that will allow you to do that.

3. Don't Know

4. Your welcome

rzanology
07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
i think its because you're using the axim :D j/k. I get that message sometimes while using my gprs as well, i notice it when im trying to load full web pages like cnet.com or yahoo.com. But when i refresh it, it goes through.

maximus
07-11-2003, 01:52 AM
Folks, that's the problem. sometimes when i reloaded the page, it works, sometimes it doesnt.

As for hotmail, i never been able to connect to that page no matter how many time i hit the reload button.

And the problem with reloading is ... it cost money :)

rzanology
07-11-2003, 09:17 PM
well...i just loaded it up fine on my ipaq. There is a msn mobile link when you first lanch your pocket it. Click that...it will also take you to hotmail...the pocket version atlease. As far as cost.... t-mobile my friend...unlimited for $20...can't beat that

maximus
07-12-2003, 12:10 PM
As far as cost.... t-mobile my friend...unlimited for $20...

yeah... i wish they have that kind of plan down here. that would be super nice. i might even dump my cable modem and go online fully with GPRS at home.

Janak Parekh
07-12-2003, 05:56 PM
1. When loading a page (with my axim through GPRS), i often got 'the page you are looking for cannot be found'... What is that?
I agree with Goldkey -- but also add that here, GPRS is somewhat unreliable.

2. How to open multiple session of pocket internet explorer? The desktop equivalent of right-click-open-in-new-window?
Pocket Plus (http://www.softspb.com/products/pocketplus/index.html) offers multiple windows, although it doesn't have right-click... yet.

3. Anyone know how to make a one button shortcut to connect to internet? The equivalent of going throught 'setting-connection tab-connection-connect' routine?
I don't mean to sound like a Spb advert, but their GPRS monitor (http://www.softspb.com/products/gprsmonitor/index.html) installs a little icon into your title bar tray; when you click it, you get a little status window with a Connect button. Works great for me. And it'll track your usage, which is extremely handy if you don't have unlimited GPRS.

--janak

maximus
07-13-2003, 05:30 AM
Thanks. i am actually installing pocket plus on my axim. it enable me to open multiple browser, but, the second browser is opened at homepage.

What i really need is the ability to open a link in new browser. Suppose i opened 'just chatting', and opened/replied one of the topics, when i go back to 'just chatting', i have to redownload the whole page again, which is financially not efficient :( it would be really nice to have the 'just chatting' page stayed on the bacground....

Janak Parekh
07-13-2003, 05:41 AM
True. And, I don't know of any plugin that supports that yet. We've told Jason and the other Spb guys about the desire to have an "open this link in new window" option; let's hope they can do it quickly. :mrgreen:

--janak

maximus
07-14-2003, 04:51 AM
great advice with GPRS monitor, thanks.... one tap to connect is very helpful.