View Full Version : 5550 Review Please!!

andykemp
07-10-2003, 12:55 AM
Are we going to see a full review of the 5550?

If anyone can point me to any I would be greatful!

This device had been available for a week now you would have though there would be more reviews about? There were loads for the 2210 but no-one seems to care about the 5550...

Cheers

Pony99CA
07-10-2003, 01:04 AM
Are we going to see a full review of the 5550?

If anyone can point me to any I would be greatful!

This device had been available for a week now you would have though there would be more reviews about? There were loads for the 2210 but no-one seems to care about the 5550...

I care. Maybe you could buy one and do a review. Even better, buy one for me and I'll do the review. :lol:

Steve

andykemp
07-10-2003, 01:42 AM
I care. Maybe you could buy one and do a review. Even better, buy one for me and I'll do the review. :lol:

Thanks but it's okay!

I just would have thought by now one of the Pocket PC sites wouldh have done a review of the thing!

I would buy one myself and write a review but they are not available in the UK yet...

spursdude
07-10-2003, 01:59 AM
CNet does have a review here (http://reviews.cnet.com/HP_iPaq_H5550/4505-3128_7-30419930.html?tag=pdtl-list), although it's not good compared to reviews done by PPC-specific sites.

dh
07-10-2003, 02:29 AM
I care. Maybe you could buy one and do a review. Even better, buy one for me and I'll do the review. :lol:Steve

That's funny Steve. After one of those days where nothing seems to fall into place I needed a smile.
What made it so amusing was I saw the first post and thought exactly the same as you. You beat me to it!!
Heck, I'll review anything someone wants to buy for me, PPC, Bentley, private island, I don't care.
Thanks for the laugh.

sgyee
07-10-2003, 02:46 AM
Keep an eye out on the website that I write for - PDAJunkie.net. I finished a E755 vs. H5555 comparison, including benchmarks. It's coming out soon.

Kati Compton
07-10-2003, 03:54 AM
Cool - we'll look for it!

Pony99CA
07-11-2003, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the laugh.
Glad I could I help. Does that mean I get two Abbot's? :beer:

Steve

disconnected
07-11-2003, 10:11 PM
If someone is going to do a review, could you please, please, please explain how to connect to multiple networks. I asked this question in a separate thread (trying to connect to a TMobile hotspot in addition to my home network), but I haven't got any answers and I'm feeling desperate. I posted the question here, on Brighthand, on PocketPCPassion, and in the Microsoft PocketPC Wireless group. :(

Obviously, for some of us (or me at least) WiFi is not simple. :)

ctmagnus
07-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Obviously, for some of us (or me at least) WiFi is not simple. :)

That's just 'cuz you're Disconnected. :D Wait 'til you become Connected, then you'll understand.

disconnected
07-12-2003, 02:49 AM
I am currently only partially disconnected. In the past I have been fully connected from time to time, and hope to be so again. :D

Surely, if I beg often enough, on enough boards, someone will take pity on me and enlighten me, if only to shut me up.

dh
07-12-2003, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the laugh.
Glad I could I help. Does that mean I get two Abbot's? :beer:

Steve

At least one of those four packs of cans with the widgit I would say.

I am currently only partially disconnected. In the past I have been fully connected from time to time, and hope to be so again. :D

Surely, if I beg often enough, on enough boards, someone will take pity on me and enlighten me, if only to shut me up.

Well I just signed up for the T-Mobile. Have not been to Starbucks to try it out yet.
What I'm planning to do is make a new profile in my wireless setup with the tmobile ssid. I hope when that is done it will just work. I've always done this with my laptop on different networks without problems,

disconnected
07-12-2003, 05:05 AM
dh,

What you're planning sounds logical, but unfortunately, I don't know how to set up a profile.

If you're successful, I'd appreciate knowing how you did it. Thanks.