View Full Version : Multiple Simultaneous Bluetooth Connections?

mashtim
07-09-2003, 10:27 PM
My question is this:

Is it possible for me to use my Toshi750 with a CF Bluetooth card (Socket) to connect to both my Socket BT GPS AND a BT-enabled mobile at the same time? How about the above with a BT headset connected to the mobile?

I would like to use this setup for things like the new Mapopolis service that uses the mobile to call in to their server to get updated traffic info on my maps and can plan the routes accordingly.

I'm pretty new to Bluetooth so I'm not even sure if it is possible to connect to more than one device simultaneously or if there are any limitations when doing so.

Thanks for the help, guys n gals!

hollis_f
07-10-2003, 07:31 AM
I can connect my 3970 to my Emtac BT GPS and to my T39m mobile phone at the same time. However, this ability is device dependant. The T39m can only connect to one BT device at a time (so, if a BT headset is used, a dialling app needs to connect to the phone, send the number then drop the connection so the phone is free to connect to the headset).

So you need to fnd out if the Socket hardware/software can sustain multiple BT connections.

umichboy
07-10-2003, 07:43 AM
Most likely, the answer will be no. Very few bluetooth devices can handle simultaneous connections - This is why you cannot dial your phone from your PPC and expect to use a bluetooth headset unless you use a 3rd party dialing program (Not the built-in one)