View Full Version : Weaker Signal Strength after ROM Flash

mruane
07-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Hi

I have just applied the latest ROM upgrade for the 5450 and the WLAN upgrade and since then I notice that the Wireless Status page shows the signal strength as being significantly lower than before the upgrade. Even when the 5450 is alongside my Access Point (a DLink DI614+) signal strength rarely exceeds 50%. It used to be 100%.

Has anyone else notice the apparent reduction in antenna performence or Signal Strength reporting since this upgrade?

I have tried a Hard Reset but the problem remains.

Cheers Mike

CoreyJF
07-09-2003, 10:38 PM
I had a lower siginal stregth indicator but preformance hasn't dropped. I do not know if it is more or less acurate but my actual preformance hasn't changed any. with the firm update I can now connect to a g router at my parents place ( alwasy nice to be able to IM and email at boring family functions)

mruane
07-10-2003, 02:22 AM
Thanks CoreyJF

Did some more research on other boards this morning and it looks like a prblem that quite a few others have reported. Most seem to indicate that the actual performence has not been reduced just the strength as reported by the Status screen. I guess there are other tools that will give a better indication of the actual signal strength.

Cheers Mike