View Full Version : Can tomtom usa field tester talks about it now?

freeway680
07-09-2003, 04:41 PM
Tomtom usa is now available on tomtom.com

I can't decide between routis and tomtom usa. Can someone who has tested the tomtom usa have some comment about this these two software please.

How accurate is tomtom map?
What about routing comparing to routis?
what about street name?
what about POI?

thanks guys

jgahr
07-09-2003, 06:07 PM
We're supposed to actually receive the commercial software prior, and I for one haven't as of yet. Receipt is supposed to be today or tomorrow according the email received this am. :mrgreen:

GoldKey
07-09-2003, 06:20 PM
We can't talk about the software we tested. They are shipping the final version to us now. We can talk about it when we get it.

dwildone
07-11-2003, 12:33 AM
My copy of TomTom USA came from MobilePlanet yesterday :clap: . I have it paired with a Socket Bluetooth GPS receiver and have been playing with it for the past few days. I absolutely love the package :ladysman: ! Both the hardware and the software are better than anything that I have ever used (NavMan, Pharos, Mappopilis). If you have specific questions, post them here and I will try to answer them...

D

beckp
07-11-2003, 04:05 PM
I have a few questions: I thought I remember reading somewhere that if you had a big enough memory card you could load the entire map on your device. Is that true and how big is the file? How big is the installation software (minus any maps)? I plan on getting a CF GPS unit and want to load my apps that I need plus the tomtom maps/software on one SD card. Hope to keep it under the 256M range as the price jump to a 512 card is big. I have a Tosh e740 that has both CF and SD slots. Thanks