View Full Version : Automatically activesync-ing w/bluetooth

ricoks
07-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Forgive me if this has been asked, and again if this is a noob question, but I am loving the idea of bluetooth everything wireless PAN type of functions. (borg! :lol: )

Question:

I was under the impression with all the bluetooth hype that if you walked into range of another bluetooth device (my pc) that your device, if paired (my 2215) would automatically start to sync, connect, or whatever profile you are set up to use.

Right now, I have to manually hold/click ->connect to get it to connect to AS, and even then, it's only sometimes (frequent re-setups required). I would rather just walk in to my home, and have it automatically find my pc, and AS over bluetooth. Am I asking too much?? I thought that this is what bluetooth's greatest strenght was.................. :oops:

oh, and one other little ??, how many profiles can you be running at the same time? ie, can I be surfing the web, (bluetooth lan) and also have it connected to AS (serial bluetooth), and then if the need arises, use it to dial a contact through my bluetooth phone (?? bluetooth) all at the same time, without having to disconnect, reconnect to other profile, and then disconect and reconnect to other profile everytime I want to do something different?????

I hope this makes sense, but man, my head is swimming w/ideas........... :microwave:

rzanology
07-10-2003, 02:47 PM
nope, there is no way as of right now to get them to sync automaticly. I wish there were. But you can stay connected as long as you're in range.

hollis_f
07-11-2003, 07:23 AM
I've had my iPAQ connected to DUN on my phone and simultaneously connected to my GPS via BT serial.

rzanology
07-11-2003, 09:11 PM
you're right, my ipaq does the same thing. The diffrence is, the ppc is looking for an internet connection. And you told it that when ever it needs an internet conection, it will have to look for the dial up modem...which is your ppc.

freitasm
07-13-2003, 12:28 AM
There's a good explanation about the Auto Activesync in this thread (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=8&TopicId=211).

And there's a program (although $$$) enable auto Bluetooth connections (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=8&TopicId=325).