View Full Version : eBooks and Activesync

maccabees
07-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Greetings!
I know that it is possible to add highlights and bookmarks and notes to ebooks, and that they are saved in an EBO file. However, I am planning on using both the desktop version of Microsoft Reader as well as the Pocket PC version to read and edit ebooks. Does anyone know an easy way to sync the EBO file so that when the ebook is activated either on the Pocket PC or the desktop PC all of the changes (bookmarks, notes and highlights) are available :?:
Thanks,

Mac

ironguy
07-09-2003, 05:02 PM
Here's something you could try.

The ebo files are kept in a folder called 'Annotations', both on your PC and PPC. This folder is part of the 'files' that are synchronized during ActiveSync sync. You could try copying the ebo from the PC folder to your PPC folder and vice versa.

There may even be a way to use the PPC or PC folder as the Annotation folder for both. I looked through th registry and didn't find any obvious way to change folders. Give the copy thing a try and see if it works.

davidspalding
07-09-2003, 07:24 PM
I can't be the only person who finds this a really lame oversight that your .ebo file on both Desktop and PPC can't be synced, for people reading the same book on both devices. Hey, Microsoft! 'Duh?' </rant>

maccabees
07-14-2003, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have tried a number of such things and no luck as of yet. It does seem rather dumb that Microsoft wouldn't think that far out, but hey- maybe they don't read books!

Maccabees