View Full Version : 395x with PPC2003 - my views

dannyoneill
07-09-2003, 10:50 AM
Well, I managed to obtain what appears to be a leaked HP Final ROM for PPC2003 (ROM Ver 3.00). ITs the proper one for the iPAQ 395x. Im running on a UK 3950.

Some of you have the 397x version with bluetooth but the 395x does exist (a 14mb RAR file).

Installation was a breeze, follow the text file and yourll be fine, just dont forget to hard reset after.

Looks the same, all the same stuff is there like Nevo, iPAQ image viewer.

Now, lets get onto speed, lots of people say "its not optimized for XScale", some say "parts are optimized for xscale" and so on, well who cares if it is or isnt, hows the speed thats what matters. Well. Its faster. Games, there the same, using the interface, couldnt really get much faster but there are improvements.

I have a load of pictures copied from my digi cam, nice quality. Used to around 15 seconds to load from my SD card, 12 if i overclocked the device. Now...... 3 SECONDS. 3 GOD DAMN SUPER COOL FUNKY SECONDS :lol: to open a 351k jpg from my SD card. Whats changed, whats improved this, is it SD drivers? is it optimizations, dont care, its faster :D

Also, those of you with Pocket Hack Master and the constant speed change issue, seem to be gone :D

Compatibility, now heres a subject. No probs though. Got the latest version of Battery Pack, thats fine, Pocket Backup, fine again. Below is a list of what I have and they all work, the only issue i had was for MS Money 2003 but followed a brighthand thread and that seems to have sorted it, works nicely.

Working apps
Softwinter Storage tools v1.4
XTND Connect v4.9 (although all emails go into my drafts)
Idruna Photogenics v1.0 139
Hp mobile printing 2003 version
Adobe Acrobat Reader v1.0
Trend Micro PC-Cillin
Pocket Hack Master v2.39
Sprite Pocket Backup v2.1.2
Money 2003 (needs some jigging to get it working)
Resco Explorer v4.20
Battery Pack 5.0.6
eWallet 3.10

Thats my views, I know it may not be the final HP rom Im using but its given me no problems yet and its all there, the IPAQ rom image, compaq branding and all that.

If you have the image, install it, cant vouch for the 397x but the 395x one is good enough.

faustus67
07-09-2003, 12:50 PM
So where did you get a copy of it????? Please tell me!

Dave R.

Steven Cedrone
07-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Take it off line...

Thanks!!!

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

dannyoneill
07-09-2003, 09:44 PM
i know, but all my users are getting PPC2003 with there dells and i needed to test the apps we use. thats my reasoning anyway. 0X