View Full Version : WLAN not connecting H5450

ski
07-09-2003, 12:17 AM
Just got my new H5450 and dont seem to have much joy connecting to my laptop via WLAN.

I have a laptop networked on a ADSL LAN network HUB and a wireless network card in the laptop. I setup both the wireless connection on the laptop as P2P ad hoc with the same SSID but cannot tell if there is a connection?

In the cradle with Sync I can surf the net on my 5450 no problem in IE but I would like to surf via WLAN.

Is there any way I can test the connection?

Thanks
Ski

dhettel
07-09-2003, 12:34 AM
Just got my new H5450 and dont seem to have much joy connecting to my laptop via WLAN.

I have a laptop networked on a ADSL LAN network HUB and a wireless network card in the laptop. I setup both the wireless connection on the laptop as P2P ad hoc with the same SSID but cannot tell if there is a connection?

In the cradle with Sync I can surf the net on my 5450 no problem in IE but I would like to surf via WLAN.

Is there any way I can test the connection?

Thanks
Ski

Not sure I am following you here. But it sounds like you have not turned on ICS? If you have two NICs in your computer you should enable ICS on the NIC that connects to your ADSL connection.

David

ski
07-09-2003, 12:45 AM
Sorry for the confusion! I use the laptop to connect to the internet via a network hub that has the adsl connection. I am running XPPro.

I just cannot see the ipaq at all when using the WLAN or vice versa?

So I should allow ICS on this laptop if trying to get to the internet via WLAN?

Would this be necessary if I can connect when the ipaq is in the cradle sync?

Thanks for your reply

dhettel
07-09-2003, 01:00 AM
Cradle Sync and WiFi sync are very different. What you can do with one, does not carry over to the other. If you have two or more NIC (Network Interface Cards) Your WLAN card would be one, and it sounds like you also have a 10baseT or faster wired connection. Then ICS would be the connection of choice, In My Humble Opinion.

Without ICS if you have a valid setup, you should be able to ping the PPC, and the PC. But that is about all you will be able to do. ICS adds the software support to allow the PPC to convert a name, (www.pocketpcthoughts.com) to an address it understands.

David

jutae
07-09-2003, 04:36 AM
I had this problem too. I had to change my connection settings on my Ipaq......Start--Settings---Connections----My network card connects to work or internet. Try that and see if it works.

Jutae