View Full Version : Need help with connecting my HP720 HPC to GPRS net over BT

moaske
07-06-2003, 12:03 PM
I hope someone here can help me, cause i ran out of options... :(
I want to be using my HandheldPC 2000 (HP 720, WinCE 3.0, SA1110 strongARM) to connect to my GRPS network and be able to browse the web with it and get my email. I connect to my SonyEricsson T68i over Bluetooth. With my FSC Loox 600 this works completely flawless, but the HP720 (or the Socket BT-CF card that i use) has a different opinion on that... :(
I made all the same settings in the dialup-connection including the GPRS string, and the HPC starts dialling the *99# GPRS number. But as soon as it gets connected my phone (!) says: "GPRS parameters not supported"
WHAT THE H*LL ????
Has anyone succesfully connected a HPC to GPRS, and how did you do that ? I'm really puzzled here, and it's pretty important for me to get it up and running on the HP720. So please anyone: HELP ME! :?:

TopDog
07-06-2003, 12:55 PM
I've connected the 720 many times to GPRS over Infrared and GPRS CF-cards. No different settings than with the PPC. Are you 100% sure you've set the APN-setting correctly?

Haven't uset the Socket BT card with 720, but with PPC's it's no problem, so I would guess that you have some settings wrong.

moaske
07-06-2003, 01:03 PM
I really checked and double checked and triple checked the APN settings and the rest of that string... Everything exactly as in my Loox, so i guess that couldn't be it :( Or does the HPC platform require an extra AT command or something in the 'extra settings' area when you configure the modem settings ? I put there: +cgdcont=1,"ip","web.vodafone.nl" and my provider doesn't require a IP adres for the settings.
Have you done anything extra and/or different than on a PocketPC for this ?
Hope to hear more...