View Full Version : iPAQ 39xx WM2003 leaked out?

stevetooth
07-05-2003, 02:52 PM
In my country HP decided not to even offer PPC2003 upgrade for my 3970. So with very little effort I searched for it on some IRC channels with the help of ircsearch.com, and I quickly found the _final_ PPC2003 roms. I installed them, and works fine. Bluetooth also works (unlike with beta wm2003 release).

This rom must have leaked out from HP inside. It's very strange, secrecy is obviously not too rigid there. The ROM's build date is 06/09/03, version is 4.00.05 ENG, and works wonderfully.

Mystery905
07-05-2003, 03:21 PM
What did you search on?

stevetooth
07-05-2003, 03:37 PM
What did you search on?

I'm not sure I can write it here, because I'm afraid legally it is not really appropriate to download things like this. :oops: But what can I do if HP doesn't wanna offer any upgrade at all in my country, even if I pay... :devilboy:

Sorry.

Eitel
07-05-2003, 06:09 PM
Give it a couple of months and you should be abe to find the upgrades even at eBay. The same thing happened with the 2002 upgrade, and you can find those at flea markets now, theorically speaking. :)

Jerry Raia
07-05-2003, 06:20 PM
I would still be a bit leary about installing something like that even with your success. That chances of permantly wasting your PPC is great. Besides that, the upgrade isnt all that spectacular from what I've read here.

stevetooth
07-05-2003, 06:57 PM
I would still be a bit leary about installing something like that even with your success. That chances of permantly wasting your PPC is great. Besides that, the upgrade isnt all that spectacular from what I've read here.

Well, I've been doing the same with my 3630 anno, messing around with different 2002 roms. 8O

I have installed even the beta rom to my 3970, so why should not i install an other non official which claims itself non-beta. :) its my curious nature probably... :roll:

and folks at brighthand also said, so i had one confirmation that its gonna work.

But anyway, the ugprade definetly worths it, because now at least you can use Pocket Internet Explorer for internet browsing. The one included in 2002 was simply terrible. :lol:

Janak Parekh
07-05-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure I can write it here, because I'm afraid legally it is not really appropriate to download things like this. :oops:
Good call. We could get in trouble, so we won't allow links or queries for that kind of stuff to stay here. I'm not surprised it's happened, though.

--janak

Jerry Raia
07-05-2003, 08:27 PM
But anyway, the ugprade definetly worths it, because now at least you can use Pocket Internet Explorer for internet browsing. The one included in 2002 was simply terrible.

What is better about it?

stevetooth
07-05-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm not sure I can write it here, because I'm afraid legally it is not really appropriate to download things like this. :oops:
Good call. We could get in trouble, so we won't allow links or queries for that kind of stuff to stay here. I'm not surprised it's happened, though.

--janak

I was only informing the community about the fact of leak. But yes, you are right, the topic should be probably removed, not to tempt anybody to download stuff illegally, and not to cast a dark shadow on the integrity of this great site! :mrgreen:

stevetooth
07-05-2003, 08:47 PM
But anyway, the ugprade definetly worths it, because now at least you can use Pocket Internet Explorer for internet browsing. The one included in 2002 was simply terrible.

What is better about it?

1. more accurate in rendering pages. now can display today's fancy shiny portals without error.
2. faster in displaying the pages
3. significantly! better performance in scrolling and moving around the page. this counts a lot for me. it's very smooth compared to 2002.

Skitals
07-05-2003, 11:18 PM
The leaks have been out awhile... 39XX, e75X, XDA, ASUS, etc. Only thing missing is for the 5455!!!! :evil:

Jerry Raia
07-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Oh hell, I just couldnt take it anymore. I went out and bought the 5555.
Damn it is nice. I hate that. :twisted:

Skitals
07-06-2003, 03:28 AM
How much faster is it then the 5455? Did you do PQ benchmark?

Jerry Raia
07-06-2003, 04:08 AM
No but I will if you tell me how. I can say this though. It is just obviously faster at doing everything. I can only give you my perceptions at this point.