View Full Version : PPC on PalmInfoCenter

umichboy
07-05-2003, 05:16 AM
Am I the only one that finds it silly to see PocketPC ads (Windows Mobile 2003) when I visit www.palminfocenter.com ?

Vincent M Ferrari
07-05-2003, 05:18 AM
My wife and I noticed that last night on the left hand tower-ad. You know, it really isn't too odd... Could be two things:

1. PIC just got paid and ran an ad and they run ads regardless of content

2. They signed up for a banner-exchange type program and ended up with a WM 2003 ad.

It is odd, but if you think about those two reasons, not very... :wink:

Jason Dunn
07-05-2003, 05:41 AM
Am I the only one that finds it silly to see PocketPC ads (Windows Mobile 2003) when I visit www.palminfocenter.com ?

They're using a 3rd party ad server, which means they display whatever this server gives them, and Microsoft bought up a lot of space to push Windows Mobile 2003 to PDA users, including Palm users.

WyattEarp
07-05-2003, 06:11 AM
Haven't been there lately until I read this... I think it's rather out of place. They never push Pocket PC's; it's illogical and counter productive. Microsoft either got lucky or did it on purpose. It just can't be an accident.

Pony99CA
07-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Even worse, of course, was seeing Palm ads here. That's why I started the "Dumb Ads" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13562).

Steve