View Full Version : Krussell vs Vaja

GoldKey
07-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Both cases seem to have the same basic features. I would like to know from some that have seem both for the Axim if it is worth the extra money for the Vaja given that it is about 3 times as much. I have a felling the differences may be something you can only percieve by holding it in person, so any insite would be appreciate.

SlimDady
07-05-2003, 01:59 AM
I think the major difference is quality..

Vaja have better quality leather, i think that could make up the big cost difference in itself

though i have never seen either on an axim myself.

i still have plans for a vaja

Jason Dunn
07-05-2003, 03:58 AM
You may also want to consider Sena cases - I have a few here for the Axim, and they're quite nice! Good quality leather, attractive design...

DerekTheGeek
07-05-2003, 05:20 AM
I bought a Vaja case for my iPaq and PC card sleeve and I was very disappointed with my case. It came apart at the seams within 1 month. I tried emailing Vaja but they never returned any of my emails. I have also owned the Krusell cases and I had no problems at all with them. It's too bad because the Vaja cases look nice but I feel they are poorly made.

- Derek

Janak Parekh
07-05-2003, 05:23 AM
I bought a Vaja case for my iPaq and PC card sleeve and I was very disappointed with my case. It came apart at the seams within 1 month. I tried emailing Vaja but they never returned any of my emails. I have also owned the Krusell cases and I had no problems at all with them. It's too bad because the Vaja cases look nice but I feel they are poorly made.
Bizarre! I've owned three Vaja cases in my life and all of them are insanely sturdy. I know the old Vaja cases had a lot of issues with their belt clips and nubs, but apart from that my cases are absolutely excellent.

--janak

Jason Dunn
07-05-2003, 05:33 AM
Wow - I've had Vaja cases that have been through hell and back, and I've never had any quality issues with them. Very surprising!

GoldKey
07-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Took a look at the Sena, but, given I will soon have a $20 Vaja GC :D I picked the Vaja over the Sena. Then I saw the Krussell when getting ready to order the 3 piece Sync and Charge kit from Moonlight and saw how much cheaper it was for the overall same features. I guess I am looking for some quality comments on the Krussell from those that have it.

Jason, did you ever find out if the $20 Vaja Gift Certificates would be stackable? I would imagine that they are because really they are just coupons otherwise.

othell
07-05-2003, 04:58 PM
What's the Krussel?

GoldKey
07-05-2003, 05:49 PM
https://ssl32.securedata.net/moonlight-tech/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=761

Moonlight sells their stuff on e-bay to for even a better price. I had won the 3 piece sync and charge kit for 14.99+5.25 shipping. They have the Krussell on there for 19.99 with free shipping for your entire order. So if I get both, my shipping on the charger kit is free also, so really just a net costs of 14.74 to add the case to my order. Needless to say, I went ahead and did it.

I was really going to get the Vaja, but I went through their site and shipping was $18 plus sales tax for Florida residents. If Im really unhappy with the Krussell, I'll take a second look at the Vaja, but over $80 to get the basic case was just too much.

Will post my thoughts on the Krussell once it gets here.

PetiteFlower
07-05-2003, 06:47 PM
I couldn't afford anything from Vaja even WITH a $20 coupon(part of the reason I went with the "lite" membership). An extra $15 just to be able to choose the color of your case? And $18 for shipping? FORGET THAT! I can't even bring myself to spend $30 on the Innopocket case.

Jason Dunn
07-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Jason, did you ever find out if the $20 Vaja Gift Certificates would be stackable? I would imagine that they are because really they are just coupons otherwise.

Vaja's system only allows for one code to be used at the same time, so nothing in their system stacks. I think the line between gift certificate and coupon is a fine one - the codes I have are like cash, they can be used in conjunction with any other sale or promotion going on, which can't be said of the other Vaja code classes (they have three different levels, this is the best).

GoldKey
07-16-2003, 08:26 PM
Got the Krussel in the mail. Man is it nice. Especially for the price. With my Dell in it and the Mini Clip in place, it STILL fits inside the Dell supplied case. Leather feels of good quality and everything lines up perfectly. My only gripe with it is that due to the thickness of the leather and the small size of the power button, I can't turn it on easily with my finger. Just use the stylus instead. I am quiting using the Dell cradle since I don't want to keep taking it in and out to use it. (See my listing in the Buy/Sell forum if you are interested in it. :D )

Ordered this from Moonlight Tech auctions on e-bay. Paid 22.99 for the case and got the 3 piece sync and charge cables at the same time for 14.99. Here is the bad part. The case auction said free shipping with $0 shipping for each additional item, so I thought I would get them both shipped for free if I paid for both at the same time. Their customer service insisted on charging $5.25 for shipping even though I kept pointing out that their auction said free shipping. They will not put me in contact with anyone else at their company. So, while this was still a good deal even with paying the shipping, I can't say much for their Customer Service. Since I can't get anyone else at their company to respond, I am going to have to just file a claim with my CC company with printouts of their auction. Jason, I know they advertise here, if you have any other contacts for them besides their [email protected] I would really appreciate it. I have even tried contacting the president of the company through PM on this site, and he has not replied.

Update: Got ahold of the company president and the problem was worked out in about 5 minutes. Thanks

maximus
08-01-2003, 01:12 PM
short question, does it have a hole on the CF slot section ?

GoldKey
08-01-2003, 01:33 PM

Do you mean for to insert/remove a CF Card without opening the case?

No. so your wireless card has to come out to close the case.

othell
08-01-2003, 06:27 PM
I actually have a the Krusell Universal PDA Leather Case (although its branded differently, Marware is the company) and I'm extremely happy with it thus far.

Then again, I did get it before there were really any Axim specific cases... So maybe I should look into another case... Hrmmmmm.

taxus
08-01-2003, 11:10 PM
The Krusell case is great for its price, but its clip mount is made of a rather weak plastic. I had to return my first e310 case after a few months because the mount broke, and now the mount on the second one is broken as well.

The problem, of course, is sitting in a chair with arms. Sometimes I don't pay attention and bang the case on a chair arm while sitting, and that's how the mount gets broken.

I'm not sure I'll buy a Krusell case for my new 2210, but I find the other choices too expensive.

maximus
08-02-2003, 01:38 AM

Bummer. My first requirement for a case is .. I should be able to plug a GPRS card all time.

GoldKey
08-02-2003, 01:59 AM

Bummer. My first requirement for a case is .. I should be able to plug a GPRS card all time.

Unless it flipped opent to the side or bottom, I don't see how any case could accomodate a card sticking out the top.

maximus
08-02-2003, 09:12 AM
Unless it flipped opent to the side or bottom, I don't see how any case could accomodate a card sticking out the top.

The proporta case looks nice, and it allows GPRS card. Too bad they dont ship here. Doh.

ctmagnus
08-02-2003, 10:25 AM
Just my $.02CDN, but from what I've seen of the Krusells, I'd go for a Vaja. I prefer the finish of their leather products. I'd also go for a Vaja over a Piel Frama (which, incidentally, I ended up buying because of the fact that the place I got my 5550 had PF cases instead of Vaja.) But I hope to use my Vaja coupon before it expires.

nosmohtac
08-02-2003, 10:28 AM
I have a krussel made by whitney case for my 3970, and I love it.
The case is of excellent quality for the price (IMO).
I have been accused of having a leather fetish, and I will admit that I have had to sop up puddles of drool from my computer desk while staring at the vaja site, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a case. :wink:

mattbugz
01-16-2004, 05:39 PM
I know this is a little late, but I just upgraded to an iPaq 55xx. I am considering a Vaja case, so is there still a coupon for members??

Thanks!

Pat Logsdon
01-16-2004, 05:56 PM
I know this is a little late, but I just upgraded to an iPaq 55xx. I am considering a Vaja case, so is there still a coupon for members??
Yes. Just send a note to Jason to get a certificate number, which you then can enter on the Vaja site when you go to check out.

mattbugz
01-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Yes. Just send a note to Jason to get a certificate number, which you then can enter on the Vaja site when you go to check out.

Thanks for the info!