View Full Version : Live stereo recording for music

radioflyer7
07-04-2003, 02:18 PM
I'd like to record live music with a PDA (have yet to decide which one to get) in stereo and at a reasonable sampling rate and bit resolution. Does anyone know of a CF or SDIO device that will allow me to do that?

I know most PDA can do speech/dictation type recording. But I am looking for something better than that. If this device has built-in stereo mics, even better. But it's probably reasonable to just ask for a stereo mic jack.

PDA-wise, I am thinking of h2215 for the duo slots. If I get a 1GB CF memory card, that will leave me only the SDIO for this recording device. Or is there a better idea? Or better PDA all together.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Steven

bblock
07-04-2003, 06:20 PM
Check out http://www.poccosoftware.com - they have an audio recorder that I use and like, but more importantly, they've partnered with Core Sound for a CF-card S/PDIF digital interface. It may be overkill for what you want to do, but it's something to check out.

-Bryan

radioflyer7
07-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Yes, I came across this one. It is an overkill with the additional pre-amp/phantom power source requirement...

I hope someone out there is working on a more entry-level model of this...

jeffmd
07-06-2003, 01:14 AM
radio, your best bet now is to get one of those portable mp3 players that support line-in recording. while most are targeted for voice only, a bunch are used by profesionals for things like sampling, and none break the bank (ie none of them were targeted to profesionals in both quality AND price).