View Full Version : I have 3 Questions/Problems/Issues with my E740

Sean Murphy
07-04-2003, 02:01 PM
I have installed the update ROM from Toshiba and once I did I started having these problems:

1. Any character recognizer character that requires two marks for input doesn’t work. If I was to write an “i” by drawing a line from top to bottom and then making the dot, I get an “L”. If I try to do a “:” by hitting two dots, I get a “.”

2. I can use the scroll pad or directional pad normally in excel or in Internet Explorer but as soon as I Age of empires, it will only scroll vertically (in landscape mode) not vertically making the game un-playable.

3. I can no longer sync through my cradle, it connects and immediately disconnects, it will however connect through my 3rd party usb charge/sync cable. (I am running Win XP home with AS3.7)

Sean Murphy
07-07-2003, 12:15 PM
Toshiba Tech support was a joke, they said I should re-read my owners manual on how to input text and characters. I know how, I am not new to PocketPCs. They also would not comment on the game movement problem because "they do not support third party software"

What they fail to listen to or understand is that these things were not a problem when I had the original ROM in the thing it is just when I upgraded to the latest version that these things stopped working.

Oh yeah like any good tech support person the first suggestion out of their mouth on any issue is to do a hard reset. Right…

So… Toshiba is no help, please don't tell me that of the 160 people looking at my post so far not one of you has any ideas.